IRC Deputy Program Director Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IRC Ethiopia looking for “Deputy Program Director”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 29, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on November 15, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Program Director to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Support the Program Director in providing strategic and technical leadership and direction, defining and implementing activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives; serve as Acting Program Director in the Program Director’s absence.
- Closely monitor the implementation of project activities against approved work plans and budgets and ensure timely completion of results and achievement of objectives.
- Ensure project delivery meets all standard operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee project management of multi-million-dollar project in full compliance with US Government regulations, terms, and conditions.
- Support the Program Director in managing consortium partnerships and maintaining collaborative partner relations, ensuring that all partners are aware of the project’s expectations and are actively involved in achieving the objectives while using the project management tools developed or adapted for the consortium.
- Support reporting to CDC through both formal and informal debriefings, annual and semi-annual reports; lead review of periodic programmatic reports and their ensure timely submission to the Program Director.
- Assist Program Director in maintaining active and cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, project partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions.
- Work closely with project staff and partners to identify, document and disseminate best practices.
- Represent the project and the organization in public, as assigned, and support the distribution of information about project achievements and lessons learned.
- Support project staff by creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility.
- Conduct other activities as assigned by the Program Director.
- Ensure that IRC and donor visibility standards are maintained by all implementing partners.
- Ensure that a broad range of communications products are developed and disseminated to inform stakeholders of the objectives and achievements of the project.
- Lead strategy review and ensure that staffing structure is fit for purpose.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req46707
- Job Title: Deputy Program Director
- Sector: Program Administration
- Employment Category: Proposal
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: Yes
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Work Arrangement: In-person
- Degree from an accredited university in international development, public health, or other related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for graduate degree.
- At least 8 years of experience in managerial roles in comparable programs, including substantial supervisory experience; previous experience as a Deputy Program Director on Institutional Donor funded programs preferred.
- Significant knowledge of US Government compliance, rules and regulations required.
- Substantial experience managing diverse sub-grantees/sub-contractors, including INGO, NGO, local FBO and private sector actors.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated innovation and success in staff capacity-building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Fluency in English required.
How to Apply IRC Deputy Program Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/46707?c=rescue
The Closing Date: November 29, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.