IRC Education Researcher Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. IRC Nigeria looking for “Education Researcher”. Applicants with a MA or PhD in education may apply on or before 08 March 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Education Researcher to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Overview/Summary: We are seeking an experienced researcher to join the Airbel Impact Lab and work closely with the Education Unit to advance the IRC’s research on education. This position will provide technical research support to different education research projects.
- Needs assessments, learning assessments, and formative research studies to identify problems and existing practices.
- Implementation research to identify quality and fidelity of implementation and the degree to which they moderate education outcomes.
- Impact evaluations to explore the effects of education interventions on the literacy, numeracy, socio-emotional skills, transition outcomes of children in conflict and crsisi affected settings.
- Measurement research to assess the reliability and validity of outcome and quality of implementation tools and establish protocols for improvement.
- Research on how to improve coherence for access, quality and continuity in systems of education.
- Work with an internal team focused on education research moving our education research priorities forward.
Qualification & Experience:
- MA or PhD in education, economics or related field.
- High level of experience and knowledge of statistical skills, and ability to accurately interpret research findings from studies using causal inference research and multi-level modeling, using software such as Stata or MPlus.
- Experience with qualitative research, using software like NVivo, AtlasTi or Dedoose.
- Minimum five years of progressive experience in education research and/or relevant practice.
- Experience in systems-level research and/or political economy analysis highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Solid organizational skills: ability to be flexible and work well under pressure, dealing with competing priorities, in a fast-paced team environment.
- Interest in and ability to think and plan at the ‘big picture’ level.
- Fluency in English a must; additional fluency in French, Arabic, Spanish, or Swahili preferred.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Education Researcher Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 08 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.