IRC Emergency Communications Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
IRC Kenya looking for “Emergency Communications Officer”.
Applicants with a Undergraduate degree may apply on or before 30 November 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 November 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Emergency Communications Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Position Overview: The IRC is looking for an Emergency Communications Officer to lead our communications activations around humanitarian emergencies and reactive storytelling. This position will surge into a portfolio and sometimes lead communications during humanitarian emergencies.
- Update and improve the team’s communications emergency action plan, outlining the steps taken at the onset of an emergency to ensure when relevant that IRC is seen as a leading responder and voice on the crisis.
- Play a strategic role in the department’s overall approach to emergencies, serving as a key member of the External Relations Emergency Action Group and supporting the overall development of the department’s emergency protocol.
- Conduct trainings with key stakeholders, including country program staff, to ensure they understand External Relations strategy and are able to support the organization’s profile, income and influence goals.
- Offer surge support to regional communications leads during humanitarian emergencies by writing press releases and talking points, pitching to the media, producing content and stories, and approving adapted messaging. Travel to frontline programs as needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience working as a communications professional with a humanitarian organization
- Experience visiting crisis contexts and producing compelling stories and media work
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Emergency Communications Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.