IRC Emergency Rapid Response Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Emergency Rapid Response Manager“. Applicants with a degree in BSc Degree may apply on or before 13th June 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Emergency Rapid Response Manager to be based in Awassa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Take part in multiagency field assessments (seasonal, rapid) in the event of an emergency with Addis and field team as well as with partners.
- Assist IRC Ethiopia Emergency Response Team and field offices in surveys, assessment, response planning, in implementation and monitoring of emergency responses.
- Take deployment assignments and organize and lead emergency operations assessment in new locations in the field, assist in hiring field staff, locating warehouse and office, and set up emergency response in new areas when needed.
- Lead emergency response team in new intervention areas and implement quick responses for brief period as required
- Facilitate emergency response trainings and workshops for IRC and partner staff.
- Assist field offices in preparation and review of emergency response proposals.
- With guidance from Emergency Response Coordinator, assist in IRC Cash Transfer Programming initiative and emergency preparedness micro planning.
- Assist in set up, implementation and monitoring of beneficiary feedback mechanism.
- Assist in tracking and review of spending of IRC direct WASH interventions in the field is in line with original plan, and burn rate goes in line with the activity implementation progress and provide feedback to supervisor.
- Assist in Preparation of PR and procurement plan for WASH, ES/NFI materials and services to be ordered from Emergency Response unit in Addis.
- Assist in tracking of emergency supplies, dispatch, distribution in different disaster affected including documentation
- Assist in the review field reports from IRC field offices and sub grants including review of ERR interventions tracking data sheets.
- Assist in the development of proposals and budgets for future emergency responses by the IRC Ethiopia.
- Assist in the review of proposals from partners and by the IRC for direct interventions are as per the requirement and standard.
- Assist in the review of IRC direct intervention proposals and assist the field team and program unit in drafting proposal and MoU for signing project agreement with relevant regional government Bureaus.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req42303
- Job Title: Emergency Rapid Response Manager
- Sector: Emergency Response
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Awassa, Ethiopia
- BSc Degree or MSc Degree in Environmental Health science or other related social science from a recognized University.
- Two years senior level management experience.
- Experience in managing emergency programs and experience of team mobilization teams and having good knowledge of project management.
- NGO experience is preferable on the area of WASH or public health in emergency.
- Proven management experience.
How to Apply IRC Emergency Rapid Response Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/42303?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 13th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.