IRC Finance Director Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IRC Ethiopia looking for “Finance Director”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before December 02, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on November 18, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Director to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all policies and procedures follow IRC and CDC policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Establishes project’s finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and directs or performs their development, documentation, and implementation
- Manages project finance activities and schedules to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines specified by IRC HQ and CDC. Prepares quarterly accrual reports, expenditure reporting, and burn rate projections
- Provides project management and program staff with monthly actual-to-budget expenditure reports and analysis for project funds and facilitates the review and discussion
- Ensures balance sheet reconciliations are completed monthly and on a timely basis and review final reconciliations and trial balances with the Project Director
- Closely monitors all financial activities, and keeps the Project Director advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance
- Directs the preparation of and approval of all CDC financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements and ensures the review of such reports by the Project Director and HQ prior to submission
- Enforces internal control policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements
- Establishes project finance roles and responsibilities matrix; ensures job descriptions are current; recruits and maintains qualified staff to perform finance functions
- Develops and implements a training program for the project’s finance staff
- Ensures constructive performance reviews are completed on a timely basis and facilitates discussion of performance and career options with project finance staff
- Supervises all project office bank relations and bank account activities including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates
- In compliance with IRC policy, establishes policies regarding cash holding limits, cash movements and foreign currency holdings of the project
- Oversees the timely preparation, review and approval of all monthly bank account and cash reconciliations
- Designs, implements, and monitors systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain on current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending, including commitments entered into and which obligate IRC to future spending
- Supervises the preparation of Cash Transfer Requests to HQ and ensures that appropriate cash balances are maintained to facilitate project implementation
- Assists with the preparation and revision of project budgets
- Prepares the annual and monthly cash budgets based on approved funding
- Prepares monthly pipeline analysis (spending forecast) on the project in coordination with the technical team
- Coordinates and reconciles spending forecasts with Project Director to reflect realistic data.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req46826
- Job Title: Finance Director
- Sector: Finance
- Employment Category: Proposal
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Work Arrangement: In-person
- Degree from an accredited university in in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting such as CPA, or a master’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years in similar financial, compliance, or operational role in managing and supporting large USAID and CDC funded projects and other Institutional Donor projects in similar contexts
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting requirements on large CDC, USAID, BHA, FCDO, or other Institutional Donor funded projects
- Experience with financial management and reporting on projects with substantial subaward
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards, financial management processes and procedures
- Familiarity with CDC rules and regulations including applicable CFRs
- Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems (ERP), standard spreadsheet and database programs, and advanced and demonstrated/practical skills in Microsoft Excel
- Must have a proven track record of proactively identifying and communicating potential problems and proposing solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and professional patience and be able to interact, partner and thrive in a diverse environment
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with diverse teams
- Good written and verbal skills in English.
How to Apply IRC Finance Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/46826?c=rescue
The Closing Date: December 02, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.