IRC Health System Strengthening Officers Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. IRC Nigeria looking for “Health System Strengthening Officers”. Applicants with a Graduate Health professional may apply on or before 08 March 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Health System Strengthening Officers to be based in Adamawa, Nigeria.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Scope of Work: The HeRoN Health System Strengthening Officer (HSS Officers) will report to the HeRoN Project Manager in the Location of assignment in Adamawa State. S/he will work closely with health facility staff, community structures, and LGAs to ensure implementation of HeRoN health system strengthening and durable solution approaches and initiatives and ensure activities are aligned with the State’s Strategic Health Plans and Health Sector priorities of IDPs and IDP returnee’s resettlement plan. The position holder must maintain collaborative working relationships established among key government structures and officials. The position requires experience with the government health care system, Experience working in partnership with or directly with the Ministry of Health at LGA level, Ability to plan and collaborate with States & LGAs, and the Ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders through coordination and consultation.
- Provide Capacity Building needs support and on the Job mentoring/coaching to the MOH Staffs at the facility level to ensure that Health System strengthening initiatives are implemented according to the approved project work plans and per donor requirements.
- Lead in coordinating the delivery of a comprehensive quality primary health care package at the facility and LGA level.
- Support the implementation of the impact funds and other similar activities at PHCC level
- Support the Health facilities in the drafting, review, approval, and execution of the business plans and Quality improvement plans
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduate Health professional (Nurse, Clinical or Medical Officer), or any other relevant health related field with public health/system strengthening and Governance background.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience, of which 1 year in health system strengthening, or in humanitarian/development settings
- Experience in local governance, social accountability, public administration, institutional development, public-sector capacity building or related technical areas highly desirable.
- Knowledge and understanding of governance in service delivery, particularly in health, highly recommended
- Previous work experience with INGO, especially with project planning and reports writing, is an added advantage
- Have experience in general management (including financial and budget management, logistics management, etc.)
- Familiarity/ knowledge of operational contexts Adamawa State
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Health System Strengthening Officers Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 08 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.