IRC MHNT Nutrition Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “MHNT Nutrition Officer“. Applicants with a BSc Degree may apply on or before September 30, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on September 19, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of MHNT Nutrition Officer to be based in Adama, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide health education at MHNT sites,
- Provide proper nutrition screening and emergency nutrition services (OTP, TSFP and linking cases for SC) based on national protocols,
- Record and registration of consulted/treated and nutrition program beneficiaries,
- Prepare, compile and timely submission of child health and nutrition services report,
- Manage child health and nutrition products/drugs stock, follow up on the stock level, utilization, and balance and notify early shortage to MHNT team leader,
- Conduct demonstration of Super cereal plus and other nutrition products preparation for new mothers to ensure appropriate utilization,
- Capacitate and assist HEWs in providing child health and nutrition services provision,
- Compile and submit stock consumption reports.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by the MHNT Team leader and senior Health officer.
- Ensures that Health and Nutrition interventions are utilized as per the standard protocols, policies, and guidelines of MoH and WHO.
- Work with Woreda Health Offices, Zonal health desk, Health extension workers and/ or CVs and health staff of the two health facilities, and other IPs.
- In addition to IRC core values/competencies: diligence, attention to critical details, a keen sense of work priorities, and resourcefulness in obtaining and researching meaningful information.
- Meets timelines for all reporting and delivery of outputs; Results-based attitude, as well as excellent organization skills.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: MHNT Nutrition Officer
- Requisition ID: req45432
- Job Title: MHNT Nutrition Officer
- Sector: Health
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Adama, Ethiopia
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum work experience of 2 years for BSc Degree and 1 year for MPH/MSc Degree holders
- NGO experience in emergency health response project activities is preferable. Demonstrable experience in working with communities in participatory approaches and capacity building of health centers.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise implementation of emergency health response projects.
- Good technical and report writing skills with computer skills and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, punctual and ability to constructively address gaps and weaknesses.
- English language is mandatory and local language is advantageous.
How to Apply IRC MHNT Nutrition Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: September 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.