IRC Program Director Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
IRC Ethiopia looking for “Program Director”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 29, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on November 15, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Program Director to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide strategic and administrative leadership and direction, define, and implement activities to achieve the greatest impact toward project goals and objectives.
- Oversee technical direction and project delivery to ensure activities align with the performance framework and meet all standard operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee development, review, and monitoring of yearly work plans, project strategy documents, implementation measures, knowledge management, and sustainability efforts to ensure long- and short-term impact goals are achieved. Manage consortium partnerships and maintain collaborative partner relations, ensuring that all partners know the project’s expectations and are actively involved in achieving the objectives while using the project management tools developed or adapted for the consortium.
- Support the Project Coordinator in managing partners and providing financial and operations support that optimizes resources through sound budgets, consistent financial tracking, and timely submission of reports to the donor.
- Report to CDC through both formal and informal debriefings, annual and semi-annual reports, ensuring timely submission of high-quality content.
- Maintain active and cooperative relationships with all key stakeholders, including government officials, project partners, other implementing agencies, and related institutions.
- Represent the project and the organization in national, regional, and international fora, including technical conferences and policy briefings, and share information about project achievements and lessons learned within the organization and wider development community.
- Support project staff by creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes teamwork, trust, mutual respect, and empowers staff to take responsibility.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req46708
- Job Title: Program Director
- Sector: Program Administration
- Employment Category: Proposal
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: Yes
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Work Arrangement: In-person
- Degree from an accredited university in public health, international development, or other related field; equivalent experience may be substituted for graduate degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in similar immunization activities, and experience managing complex international donor-funded public health activities in challenging environments
- Minimum of 8 years of project management.
- Experience working in fragile contexts leading public health responses and programs
- Proven experience in administrative and financial management for large projects and significant knowledge of US Government compliance, rules and regulations
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining strong and effective partnerships.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Substantial experience managing diverse sub-grantees/sub-contractors, including INGO, NGO, local FBO and private sector actors.
- Demonstrated innovation and success in staff capacity-building and in participatory, flexible, and gender-sensitive programming and implementation.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply IRC Program Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/46708?c=rescue
The Closing Date: November 29, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.