IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Protection Case Assistant”. Applicants with a Diploma in Social Work may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Protection Case Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose/Objective: The Sports for Protection Case Assistant – will support in implementation of sports activities and provision of quality individual case management and psychosocial support to AGYW and Boys participating in sporting activities during tournaments and trainings. In collaboration with the Case worker, Senior WPE Officer and other WPE/GBV workers he/she will support in the provision of training and supervising GBV Community Workers under sports to identify and mitigate GBV risks and respond to cases of GBV in sports. This includes incorporating MHPSS strategies into sports activities to promote psychosocial wellbeing and addressing the causes of mental and psychosocial distress in AGYW and boys.
- Provide professional and confidential services to survivors of GBV, grounded in the IRC’s holistic, survivor-centered case management approach.
- Support and build capacity of systems in individual Sports management for coaches, players, sports personnel, and persons at-risk of GBV.
- Strengthening Sports management supervision as well as safe and ethical data collection, analysis of GBV trends and ensure quality prevention and risk mitigation interventions.
- Facilitate individualized case management and group psychosocial support of AGYW and boys from both host and refugee communities.
- Identify gaps that exist in programming areas that require targeted interventions and campaigns based on case trend analysis.
- Assessing the effectiveness and relevance of the sports management structure and providing revisions, recommendations, and evaluations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Social Work, Community Development counseling and/or psychology. A Social Science or related degree is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years in case management and psychosocial/counseling experience with a reputable agency; experience working with survivors of violence preferred.
- Experience working in a hardship zone /environment is an added advantage.
- Experience in utilizing sport strategies in promoting protection of Adolescent girls’ young women and boys from GBV Risks.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.