IRC Regional People and Culture Director Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IRC Uganda looking for “Regional People and Culture Director”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 30, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on November 17, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional People and Culture Director to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to People & Culture function across East Africa region; responsible for ensuring high quality delivery of P&C programs and operations to drive achievement of IRC’s goals.
- Work closely with P&C and program leadership teams to transform region’s approach to culture, talent, and the overall employee experience.
- Reinforce and model a culture that prioritises providing all employees with a safe, respectful, and supportive workplace, one that fosters empathy, inclusiveness, and a sense of belonging; where each individual feels valued and protected from any harm, and able to deliver their very best work in support of our clients.
- Ensure that key progress, barriers and enablers for commitments related to Gender Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (GEDI), Safeguarding (SG) and Duty of Care (DoC) are part of regular regional leadership dialogue and action
- Ensure best practices and legal compliance for critical enabling operations e.g. recruitment, employee relations, compensation & benefits, and data reporting & analysis are in place and work holistically with other functions.
- Partner with HQ Learning & Development Unit to deliver and lead strategic L&D programs, such as Succession Planning and Talent Dialogues. Serve as a strategic partner by understanding regional learning needs and providing advice and counsel regarding adapting programs for the regional contexts
- Partner with the HQ Organizational Development team to enhance organizational health of the region and country programs including but not limited to implementing optimal P&C structures
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and measurement of impact in the region, supported by people analytics and data driven decision making by regional and country leadership
- Support the development and achievement of the Country Program P&C priorities and foster two-way links with the global P&C strategy
- Manage highly sensitive employee relations, wellbeing, and other complex matters
- Lead, empower and mentor team, including communicating clear expectations, co-creating performance objectives, providing regular and timely constructive performance feedback, and supporting their overall well-being and professional aspirations.
- Travel to regional locations as and when needed to provide in-person leadership, support, technical trainings and/or management of special projects
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req46380
- Job Title: Regional People & Culture Director – East Africa
- Sector: Strategy
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Work Arrangement: Open to Remote
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Fifteen+ years of progressive professional P&C-related experience, preferably in the humanitarian sector, with a minimum of 5 years at a regional level where extensive demands, complexity, and delivery were core to the role
- Experience supporting groups of 1,000+ employees at multiple organizational levels, cultures and locations within a regional or global environment
- A consistent role model for the IRC culture we seek to provide for all colleagues: respectful, encouraging, empathetic, and inclusive; Genuine commitment to fostering equity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace, with experience in establishing a supportive environment for under-represented groups and accelerating their professional development
- Broad knowledge and experience across the spectrum of People & Culture proficiencies e.g. organisational change, GEDI, SG, talent management, employee experience, workforce planning, employee relations, etc
- A strong understanding of social justice issues and power dynamics, and experience in effecting organizational change that is innovative and does not cause harm, particularly around feminism, anti-racism, and inclusivity
- Excellent management and leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, and performance management
- Ability to work, manage, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; outstanding business acumen, critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills required
- Superb inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills with ability to collaborate across countries, cultures, and departments
- Fluency in English
- Ability to travel globally up to 25% of the time, occasionally on short notice
How to Apply IRC Regional People and Culture Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/46380?c=rescue
The Closing Date: November 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- IDLO Finance Officer Jobs 2023
- SNV Executive Administration Officer Jobs 2023
- Plan International Project Officer Jobs 2023
- RSCE Assistant Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023
- UNISFA Air Operations Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Livelihood and Economic Inclusion Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Supply Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Reporting Officer Jobs 2023