IRC Safe Programming Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Safe Programming Manager“. Applicants with a degree in MSc Degree may apply on or before 31st May 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Safe Programming Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Contribute to the development of the Strategic Annual Plan (SAP) process, ensuring that gender equality and diversity ambitions, are clearly articulated and measurable.
- Develop/revise the Safe Programming strategy and its implementation to ensure Gender, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (GEDI).
- Ensure IRC Ethiopia delivers programs that are safe, effective, and responsive and informed by gender, age, disability, and diversity.
- Support sectors/departments in Protection Mainstreaming and Gender Analyses during project assessments and design. Ensure design is cognizant of, and mitigates against, any unintended negative consequences that could increase the client’s vulnerability to risks, physical or psychosocial and any barriers faced by individuals and groups due to physical, institutional social or economic factors.
- Based on agreed department work plans, develop annual budgets and ensure approved costs are budgeted for into relevant projects.
- Document and share Safe Programming assessment/progress reports and best practices in order to develop internal knowledge database and disseminate lessons learned.
- Ensure robust supervision, monitoring and evaluation of Safe Programming activities and the impact of Safe Programming interventions in IRC and Implementing partners.
- Advocate for safe programing, gender and protection mainstreaming and coordinate with other stakeholders while sharing concerns, within and outside the organization.
- Find opportunities for gender transformative programming in new and existing programs, and help to develop tools and materials to implement and test these ideas
- Lead programmatic Audits – including gender audits – to check for compliance with gender equality, diversity and protection issues
- Build capacity of staff, partners and as requested the broader humanitarian community on topics related to: Safe Programming (or Protection Mainstreaming), IASC Guidelines on Gender (or Gender Mainstreaming), Safeguarding, Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) & Anti-harassment.
- Represent IRC in gender and protection cluster coordination and other related meetings.
- Ensure the Safe Programming team has an active role in the development and implementation of country specific safeguarding guidelines/procedures and its periodic review/revision.
- Work with the HR team to ensure that all aspects of HR policy and procedure are supportive of good safeguarding practices including integration of safeguarding standards throughout recruitment processes.
- Develop and disseminate culturally friendly IEC/BCC material for promotion of safeguarding key messages for clients, and train IRC staff on safeguarding.
- Work closely with Client Responsiveness (CR) team in the country office and field office, support development of tools for tracking of safeguarding issues and develop case referral pathway for feedbacks coming through CR mechanisms.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req41893
- Job Title: Safe Programming Manager
- Sector: Gender
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Qualification & Experience:
- MSc/MA or BSC/BA/LLB in Law, Human Rights, International Relations, Social Work, Social Sciences, related field
- Four years of work experience in Protection and Rule of Law with specific experience implementing safe programming across various service delivery sectors (e.g. WASH, Health, Economic well-being etc.) is desirable
- Familiarity with global Safe Programming guidelines and tools and protection risk analysis
- Management experience in a similar role with project management and staff supervision responsibilities
- Previous experience in developing and conducting training on related topics
- Experience in participatory techniques and community mobilization
- Previous experience with participatory data collection methods and project monitoring.
How to Apply IRC Safe Programming Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/41893?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 31st May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.