IRC Safety and Security Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Safety and Security Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 29th March 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 18th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Safety and Security Officer to be based in Gambela, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Establish and maintain contact with various actors (local authorities, NGOs, UN agencies, security forces, etc…).
- Work with program teams at field level to build network and acceptance in local communities where IRC operates.
- Advise the leadership on the possibilities of access to the different woredas and zones
- Develop ongoing relationships with community leaders and other power brokers within the IRC operational areas. Work to ensure that IRC, its mission, and work within the IRC operational areas are known and accepted. Work to encourage stakeholders to work with the IRC in ensuring that staff and programs are safe, secured and allowed to continue humanitarian activities. HASSO is required to be ethical and responsible in dealing with various actors for IRC business/operations.
- Organize and produce risk analyses (SRA) in a participatory and regular manner as needed.
- Participate in the development of Security Plans (SMP) including appropriate procedures and contingency plans.
- Ensure that all documents are up to date and operational.
- Evaluate and maintain contingency plans adapted to the local context, in operation area, for critical incident management, evacuation, hibernation and travel specific for Gambella FO.
- Closely monitor developing situations, Identify, and report all the security information, updates, and events, especially those could have an impact on IRC operations.
- Work closely with all staff to ensure that safety and security incidents are reported in accordance with IRC standards.
- Provide and share daily security report (DSR), required to comply with standard format and preparation of DSR, and provide weekly security updates.
- Monitor open sources to collect, compile and report information including incidents and trends pertinent to humanitarian access in area of responsibility.
- Work closely with IRC field management teams to ensure all incidents are followed up with an official written report.
- Assist to monitor the operating environment, identify new threats, assess IRC vulnerabilities, and recommend possible responses.
- Contribute to local-level conflict sensitivity analysis and macro- level analysis of trends
- Provide an on-arrival security briefing to all the visitors and new staff
- Identified staff training needs.
- Provide ongoing training for drivers and guards, as well as for other staff as necessary.
- Assist SATM to build up the capacity, awareness, and preparedness of staff to deal with security-related risks, threats, and incidents through the delivery of high quality, regular trainings/ briefings to national and international staff and IRC visitors when deemed necessary.
- Render administrative support to SATM in providing regular training for IRC staff on security preparedness, prevention, and response. Training(s) may include SOPs; Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management;
- Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; and Communications.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req39663
- Job Title: Humanitarian Access, Safety and Security Officer
- Sector: Safety & Security
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Gambella, Ethiopia
- A university Degree or higher national Diploma in social sciences/ public administration/ International relations or a field related to humanitarian work or risk management.
- At least 2 years experiences in the security field or training skills specially in security and law enforcement institution is desirable.
How to Apply IRC Safety and Security Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/39663?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 29th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.