IRC Senior Livelihood Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Senior Livelihood Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 19th March 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 9th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Livelihood Officer to be based in Jijiga, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the implementation and monitoring of all activities, at field level, as laid out in the plan of action.
- Coordinate and support the running of livelihoods activities in the refugee camps and host community setting
- Lead the effective and accurate use of assets, financial resources and facilities according to standard procedures in order to align with auditing requirements.
- Support beneficiary’s identification and selection processes together with government and other livelihoods’ staff.
- Active participation in field assessments (logistic organization, identification of needs, monitoring)
- Assist in the registration of target families at field level working closely with Livelihoods Teams to ensure data is collected and recorded within the livelihoods programming to be implemented
- Make field arrangements for planned visits to project locations
- Assist field coordinator in the preparation of all documents and forms vital for the implementation of the livelihoods project.
- Coordinate (or assist Livelihoods Teams in coordinating) activities with local authorities, key partners (UNHCR & RRS), other implementing actors and partners at the local level.
- Maintain coordination and appropriate information sharing and communication lines with partners and clients at field level to avoid duplication and improve alliances.
- Regularly supervise project activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Livelihoods team at Addis level
- Follow up with Livelihoods Teams on the complaints from the beneficiaries and communities and keep a record of them
- Facilitation of (or assist in the facilitation of) trainings for Organization staff and volunteers and beneficiaries when needed
- Set up (or assist to set up) a clear beneficiary follow-up mechanism and ensure that appropriate follow-ups are made to support beneficiaries.
- Compile and submit regular project updates
- Raise PR timely and follow both internal and external commitments.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req38454
- Job Title: Senior Livelihood Officer
- Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree (BSC) or MCS in agricultural economics, economics, or other related fields and with minimum of five years of work experience in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of livelihood projects.
- 4 years of proven experience leading planning, , implementing, monitoring and evaluation of balanced livelihood project and preferable under refugee context.
How to Apply IRC Senior Livelihood Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/38454?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 19th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs