Save the Children Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Save the Children Nigeria looking for “Deputy Chief of Party”. Applicants with a MA / MSc level in Agriculture may apply on or before 12 May 2023.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 03 May 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Chief of Party to be based in Yobe, Nigeria.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Position||Deputy Chief of Party|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||MA / MSc level in Agriculture|
|Experience Required||Extensive experience of working within a senior management role|
|Application Deadline||12 May 2023|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Role Purpose: Save the Children is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) for its BHA funded programs, across SCI field offices in Nigeria. The DCOP will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party in all programmatic, operational and financial aspects of BHA activity in Nigeria, supporting seamless implementation across the BAY states, Abuja and Jigawa.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for ensuring that program activities are designed, implemented, and completed following a fast-paced program strategy.
- Administer the development and successful implementation of work plans and oversee the creation of reports and other deliverables to BHA in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee and support implementation through a local partner, including the supervision of proper targeting, identification, registration, and monitoring of beneficiary lists to prevent overlap with other humanitarian programs in the intervention zone.
- The purpose of the role is strategic oversight and management of the set-up, and strengthening of program implementation in SC BHA Nigeria’s newer operating locations
- Quality technical leadership and advice to the local partner around the design, implementation and monitoring of project work at state and community levels.
Qualification & Experience:
- MA / MSc level (or equivalent field experience) in Agriculture, Rural Development, Development Studies and other relevant qualifications
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in large complex programmes
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Save the Children Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 12 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.