IRC Senior Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. IRC Uganda looking for “Senior Supply Chain Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before March 24, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on March 11, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Supply Chain Officer to be based in Arua, Uganda.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that Supply Chain functions are in compliance with IRC policies and procedures, donor regulations and local laws. All locations and staff act in accordance with the policies.
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain Field (procurement, asset etc.)
- Update as required the IRC standards in terms of assets/equipment to be purchased.
- Monitor Supply Chain sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Grants department on time.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually and donor requirements followed as necessary, especially those subject to US export compliance regulations, are in line with applicable licenses and are properly documented.
- Ensure that vendor eligibility screening is carried out in a timely fashion, updated regularly and recorded appropriately.
- Maintain Supplier Files for all suppliers with which IRC spends greater than USD $2,500 annually.
- Promptly inform the Field Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator of any areas of concern of potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
- Ensure there is no negative audit observations/findings related to Procurement. If required corrective actions plans are developed & implemented to address audit findings.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Master Purchase Agreements are in place for most of the supplies/services that IRC procures on regular basis.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req38481
- Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Officer
- Sector: Supply Chain
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Imvepi, Uganda
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, minimum 5years of progressive Supply Chain professional experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success as a Supply Chain leader across all disciplines within Supply Chain including planning, procurement, warehouse, asset and transport.
- Broad knowledge and experience in Supply Chain strategies, market analysis techniques, procurement and contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property and asset management.
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across cultures and organizational units.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Excellent training and coaching ability.
- Ability to work in remote field offices.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Desire to learn.
How to Apply IRC Senior Supply Chain Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/38481?c=rescue
The Closing Date: March 24, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.