IRC Senior Technical Adviser – Health Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Senior Technical Adviser – Health Specialist”. Applicants with a Health or other related degree may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Technical Adviser – Health Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Overview/ Summary: The Senior Technical Adviser (STA) –Health Specialist Areas is responsible for ensuring high quality health technical support for thematic areas to country programs. She/he will manage a team of country support technical specialists including pharmacy, infectious diseases, Immunization/child health, mental health, NCDs and community health/systems strengthening.
- Work towards ensuring IRC’s areas of expertise and thought-leadership such as MHPSS, NCDs, Immunization and child health are supported to improve program quality through continuous improvement of implementation practice and use of data for decision-making at country program level.
- Work with the STA-Health responsible for country support to develop mechanisms and processes for Health TAs from Country Support and Specialist teams to come together for mutually thematic areas. This may involve designating lead TAs for each thematic area and implementing processes that enhance cross-team collaboration, sharing and learning.
- If needed, support specialist TAs during provision of technical support to specific countries including guidance on project/program design, fund-raising, and monitoring and evaluation. Working with each TA, support development of in-country health teams in various specialized areas through training, coaching, mentoring, and other guidance; Work closely with the STA Health responsible for country support to liaise with Deputy Director of Programs on country specific issues.
- Collaborate with STAs from Environmental Health, Emergency Health, SRH, Health (Country Support) and Nutrition Teams as well as the STA-MEAL to ensure technical assistance is seamless and coordinated to each country and region needs.
- Work with the Health Director –Country Support and other STAs to define and prioritize high-impact interventions and the approach to achieve them, including the tools, partnerships, donor engagement and capacity-building required
- Work with the STA-MEAL to support the Measurement Unit’s strategy as it applies to health programming and country support. Support development and maintenance of systems for capture of IRC’s work in specialist areas as relevant.
Qualification & Experience:
- Health or other related degree plus MPH or equivalent;
- At least 8 years public health experience in senior technical and management positions, including provision of remote technical support, with evidence of progressively increasing responsibilities. Experience should include: at least three years of residence in developing countries; some work in a humanitarian setting (with refugees and/or internally displaced population);
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple specialized technical areas (e.g., child health, community health, MHPSS, NCDs, epidemics management, etc), strategic areas (e.g., governance, health systems strengthening and research), and program management and fund-raising (e.g., program development, proposal writing, monitoring & evaluation, and management of donor relations).
- Excellent leadership and team management skills – the ability to lead a team, motivate staff and promote productivity, resolve conflict, and contributes to a pleasant work environment.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to write professional documents, and create and deliver presentations to different audiences: project/program staff, management staff, mature professionals, policy makers, donors etc.
- Solid organizational skills – the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure, dealing with competing priorities, in a fast-paced team environment.
- Professional-level fluency in English; French or Arabic proficiency will be a huge plus.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Senior Technical Adviser – Health Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs