IRC Senior Technical Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Senior Technical Advisor”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 20 March 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Technical Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Overview: The STA for Education in Emergencies will support strategic resource development and thought leadership related to the IRC’s emergency education programming. S/he will lead projects that advance education strategic priorities, including increasing the profile and attention to education in emergencies, and advancing the IRC’s work on education in emergencies. S/he will also be called upon to supervise emergency education experts in large scale acute emergencies to assure the provision of immediate, scaled and quality education programs.
- Support the IRC Emergency and Humanitarian Action Unit to resource and provide capacity strengthening for members of IRC Country Programs/Regional emergency response capacity.
- Provide remote technical support to country programs/regions for preparedness/readiness/contingency planning, and as needed, deploy for strategic support, including on-site mentoring and technical assistance and coordinate with relevant Technical Advisors as appropriate.
- Reinforce program quality through regular, (+/- remote) capacity strengthening and skills-deepening for members of the IRC Emergency Response Team (ERT), External Emergency Roster (EER), as well as Technical Unit Advisers (TAs), ensuring ability to operationalize the IRC’s emergency strategy and response package.
- Ensure that IRC program models and emergency strategies advance organizational commitments to gender equality outcomes.
- Collaborate with the IRC Emergency and Humanitarian Action Unit to maintain deployment capacity, both on the ERT, the EER, and Internal Emergency Roster (IER) and through partnerships with, but not limited to, universities and technical institutions.
- Lead design and development of integrated/joint program models and approaches in emergencies with other relevant STAs for Emergencies within the QiE multi-sector team.
Qualification & Experience:
- 8-10 years of experience in both education program implementation in low resource settings and at least 5 years in emergency (conflict, disaster/crisis and outbreak) settings. Field experience in education strategy development, program design and implementation, working across sectors or disciplines, and in coordination/team leadership roles. Field experience in leading strategy and implementation for conflict and/or outbreak preparedness & response. Proven skills in development of operational guidelines and tools, delivery of training/on-the-job mentorship, and in program monitoring and evaluation. Proven experience in representation, advocacy, communications, and resource mobilization.
- Demonstrated expertise in humanitarian emergency education in assessment, strategy development, program design, operational planning, proposal development, implementation, and in monitoring.
- Master’s degree, in a related field such as international/humanitarian programming/public health/ social work or equivalent experience preferable. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Demonstrated expertise in bridging conceptual frameworks and operational guidance, ability to turn concepts and strategy into measurable action
- Expertise in climate-related anticipatory action and response preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise teams
- Ability to provide technical assistance and transfer knowledge and skills, either through formal/informal training, on the job coaching and mentoring, adapting to needs and level
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Senior Technical Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.