ITU Area Representative Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. ITU Zimbabwe looking for “Area Representative“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before October 23, 2023.
Founded in 1865 to facilitate international connectivity in communications networks, we allocate global radio spectrum and satellite orbits, develop the technical standards that ensure networks and technologies seamlessly interconnect, and strive to improve access to ICTs to underserved communities worldwide. Every time you make a phonecall via the mobile, access the Internet or send an email, you are benefitting from the work of ITU.
The ITU has published a job vacancy announcement on September 19, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Area Representative to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
ITU Job Vacancy 2023
Duties And Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Regional Director for Africa, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Successfully manage the full life cycle of assigned regional initiatives, operational plan activities and projects:
- Initiate, establish and coordinate partnerships and joint resource mobilization efforts to promote engagement and participation by private and public sector stakeholders in ITU activities.
- Develop complete project proposals and successfully secure partners and resources for ITU, for the purpose of connecting the unconnected and contributing to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), while responding to the needs of the countries in the sub-region.
- Develop project implementation plans and documents with clearly defined goals, deliverables, KPIs and timelines based on results-based approach, identify priority activities and allocate appropriate resources.
- Develop project and risk management frameworks, and assess and monitor risks.
- Drive implementation, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and impact assessment of regional projects, initiatives, and activities, in collaboration with colleagues in headquarters and regional/area offices, ensuring the quality of the work and compliance with applicable internal procedures and internal control rules.
- Lead the work of one or more of BDT’s thematic priorities as regional expert and coordinator and collaborate with colleagues in the Head Quarters and the region.
Position in Organization:
- Vacancy notice no: 1346
- Sector: BDT
- Department: DDR
- Country of contract: Zimbabwe
- Duty station: Harare
- Position number: TD25R/P5/780
- Grade: P5
- Type of contract: Fixed-term
- Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal for 2 additional years
- Recruitment open to: External
- Application deadline (Midnight Geneva Time): 23 October 2023
- Advanced university degree in telecommunication engineering, information and communication technology, social sciences, public/business administration, or a related field, with some specialization in telecommunication and information systems OR education from a reputed college of advanced education with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of an advanced university degree in one of fields above. For internal candidates, a first university degree in one of the fields above in combination with fifteen years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree for promotion or rotation purposes.
- At least ten years of progressively responsible experience in the above fields, preferably acquired in a telecommunication/ICT Administration/organization, international/ regional organization, or recognized private sector organization, including at least five years at the international level. A Doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for three years of working experience. Demonstrated experience in gender mainstreaming and managing a culturally diverse team is an asset.
- Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration).
- Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance). The PA is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances.
- Annual salary from $ 92,731 + post adjustment $ 28,283
- Other allowances and beneﬁts subject to speciﬁc terms of appointment, please refer to:
How to Apply ITU Area Representative Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: October 23, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- IOM Project Coordinator Jobs 2023
- FAO National Professional Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF National consultant for graphic design Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International consultant for the design of a Grievance Redress Mechanism Jobs 2023
- ICRISAT Scientific Officer Jobs 2023
- FAO Procurement Officer Jobs 2023