ITU Representative Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. ITU Zimbabwe looking for “Representative“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before October 23, 2023.
Founded in 1865 to facilitate international connectivity in communications networks, we allocate global radio spectrum and satellite orbits, develop the technical standards that ensure networks and technologies seamlessly interconnect, and strive to improve access to ICTs to underserved communities worldwide. Every time you make a phonecall via the mobile, access the Internet or send an email, you are benefitting from the work of ITU.
The ITU has published a job vacancy announcement on September 19, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Representative to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
ITU Job Vacancy 2023
Duties And Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Director of the Regional Office for Africa, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
Effectively manages the full life cycle of regional initiatives, activities included in operational plans and projects entrusted to it:
- Initiates, establishes and coordinates partnerships and joint resource mobilization efforts to encourage the engagement and participation of private and public sector stakeholders in ITU activities.
- Develop comprehensive project proposals and find partners and resources for ITU, in order to connect those that are not and contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals ( ODD ), while meeting the needs of countries in the sub-region.
- Develop project documents and implementation plans with clearly defined objectives, products, core performance indicators and timelines based on a results-based approach. Determine priority activities and allocate appropriate resources.
- Develops project management and risk management frameworks, assesses and monitors risks.
- Conducts implementation, monitoring, reporting and impact assessment for projects, initiatives and activities at the regional level, in collaboration with colleagues from headquarters and regional / zone offices, ensuring the quality of work and compliance with applicable internal control procedures and rules.
- Directs work on one or more thematic priorities of BDT as a regional expert and coordinator and collaborates with colleagues at headquarters and in the region.
Position in Organization:
- Vacancy notice number: 1346
- Sector: BDT
- Department: DDR
- Country of contract: Zimbabwe
- Place of employment: Harare
- Position number: TD25R / P5 / 780
- Grade: P5
- Type of contract: Duration
- Duration of the contract: 2 years with possibility of extension of 2 additional years
- Type of publication: External
- Application deadline (Midnight Geneva time) October 23, 2023
- Higher university degree in telecommunications engineering, information and communication technologies, social sciences, public administration / business administration, or in a related field, with specialization in telecommunications and information systems OR training received in an established reputation higher education establishment, attested by a level diploma equivalent to a higher university degree in one of the aforementioned fields. For internal candidates, an undergraduate university title in one of the aforementioned fields, associated with fifteen years of relevant professional experience, may replace the higher university title for promotion or rotation purposes.
- At least ten years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility in the above-mentioned fields, preferably acquired in an administration / organization of the telecommunications / ICT field, in an international or regional organization or in a recognized private sector entity, including at least five years internationally. A doctorate in a related field can be considered equivalent to three years of professional experience. A proven experience in integrating the principle of gender equality and in managing a team whose members come from different cultures is an asset.
- Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union ( English, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, French, Russian ) at the advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at the intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. ( According to the provisions of Council Resolution 626, the relaxation of the conditions required for language skills may be authorized for candidates who are nationals of developing countries: when candidates from these countries have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their application may be taken into account ).
- The total annual salary consists of an annual net tax treatment ( net and before deduction of contributions to health insurance and the Pension Fund ) in USD dollars and a post allowance ( cost of living allowance ). The post allowance is variable and may be changed without notice, in accordance with the rates set in the United Nations common system for salaries and benefits.
- Annual salary from $ 92.731 + post allowance $ 28.283
- Other allowances and benefits are subject to the specific conditions of the commitment, please refer to:
How to Apply ITU Representative Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: October 23, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- ITU Area Representative Jobs 2023
- IOM Project Coordinator Jobs 2023
- FAO National Professional Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- UNICEF National consultant for graphic design Jobs 2023
- Save the Children Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF International consultant for the design of a Grievance Redress Mechanism Jobs 2023
- ICRISAT Scientific Officer Jobs 2023
- FAO Procurement Officer Jobs 2023