IWMI Communication Intern Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. IWMI South Africa looking for “Communication Intern“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 11th September 2023.
IWMI’s forward looking strategy for 2019-2023 responds directly to the demand for innovative, scientifically tested water management solutions for sustainable development. With offices in 13 countries and a global network of scientist operating in more than 30 countries, our research at field to basin and regional scales our strategy focuses on science for a transformative agenda.
The IWMI has published a job vacancy announcement on 28th August 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Communication Intern to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
The intern will assist in the following areas:
- Assist in developing engaging content for IWMI’s communication channels, including website articles, blog posts, social media posts and newsletters.
- Support the communications and knowledge management expert in managing IWMI’s social media presence by planning and scheduling posts, monitoring engagement and analyzing performance metrics.
- Assist in developing press releases, media advisories and other materials for distribution to the media. Coordinate media outreach activities, including liaising with journalists, responding to media inquiries and organizing interviews.
- Help create visual content such as infographics, videos and photos to support IWMI’s communication efforts.
- Assist in organizing and promoting workshops, conferences and other events related to IWMI’s research and projects. This may include preparing event materials, coordinating logistics and providing on-site support.
- Support the maintenance and updating of IWMI’s website by uploading content, ensuring accuracy and consistency, and optimizing user experience.
- Monitor IWMI’s media coverage and compile regular reports on communication activities and outcomes.
- Assist in internal communication activities, including preparing newsletters, announcements and presentations for staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Communications, Journalism, Public relations or a related field.
- Strong ability to write clear, concise and engaging content for various communication channels.
- Familiarized with social media platforms, content management systems and basic search engine optimization (SEO) principles.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools including Adobe Creative Suite would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multicultural environment and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to take initiative, learn new skills and contribute ideas to improve communication strategies.
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IWMI Communication Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://apply.workable.com/international………
The Closing Date: 11th September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNODC Intern – Drug Control and Crime Prevention Jobs 2023
- IFC Investment Analyst Jobs 2023
- UNFPA Personal Assistant to Representative Jobs 2023
- UNFPA Regional Adviser Gender and Human Rights Jobs 2023
- UNESCO Junior Programme Assistant Jobs 2023
- IWMI Researcher Jobs 2023
- WHO Logistics Assistant Jobs 2023