Mercy Corps Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. Mercy Corps Kenya looking for “Deputy Chief of Party”. Applicants with a BA/S in agriculture may apply on or before 18 March 2023.
Mercy Corps has been working in Kenya for over 30 years. With the formation of the independent Republic of Kenya in July 2011, Mercy Corps established a Country Office and has staff working all over the country to help build government institutions. Mercy Corps has maintained its presence in Kenya despite significant challenges in the operating environment by adopting a flexible approach to its work with the Government of Kenya.
The Mercy Corps has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Deputy Chief of Party to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Position||Deputy Chief of Party|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||BA/S in agriculture|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 7 years|
|Application Deadline||18 March 2023|
Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2023
General Position Summary: The DCOP / Technical Director is a key member of the Scaling Inclusive Food Systems senior management team and is responsible for leading the strategic intervention of program activities. They are responsible for the design, management and implementation of the program, including ensuring effective operations.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Chief of Party (CoP) to develop and guide overall strategic and technical vision and drive the program’s innovative, evidence-based, adaptation approach.
- Ensure program vision, implementation modalities, and operational mechanisms are consistently communicated and internalized by all program team members, partners and stakeholders; facilitate by-in across partners and stakeholders.
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcomed; promote and model a culture of learning and adaptive management.
- Operationalize strategic linkages and coordinate across technical, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and learning teams at implementation level, to further technical excellence, learning and impact, and ensure coherence of program components.
- Serves as the technical focal point for the program with Mercy Corps’ Technical Support Unit (TSU), Research, and PaQ teams – as well as technical advisors from consortium partners.
- Promotes a multi-sectoral vision to the program through active participation, accountability and performance-based reviews with technical teams – engages technical expertise for support and integration, when required.
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/S in agriculture, business, economics, public policy, international development or other relevant field, MA/S is strongly preferred.
- Experience leading large, complex programs required, with previous experience as DCOP or Technical Director highly beneficial
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience, including 4 years in a senior management position.
- Strong skills and a track record in strategic visioning, leadership, and inspiring teams.
- Effective personnel management, coordination, and decision-making skills, with proven ability to be accountable for all components of the program.
- Competent in building networks, strong problem-solving skills, and ability to influence with effective listening, persuasion, negotiation and other techniques.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Mercy Corps Deputy Chief of Party Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 18 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.