Mercy Corps Operations Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Mercy Corps Ethiopia looking for “Operations Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Diploma Degree may apply on or before 9th June 2023.
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines of today’s biggest crises to create a future of possibility, where everyone can prosper.
The Mercy Corps has published a job vacancy announcement on 2nd June 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Operations Officer to be based in Afar, Ethiopia.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||9th June 2023|
Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2023
- Ensure that all procurement processes are handled effectively per Mercy Corps’s internal procedures as well as in line with the donor’s rules and regulations. Beyond the fairness of the price, ensure the quality of items to be procured is meeting the expected standard and the specifications are as requested by the program me technical staff or budget holder.
- Ensure that all vehicle log management is handled effectively and all the necessary processes and procedures are completed per Mercy Corps’s internal policies and procedures as well as according to the donor rules and regulations
- Provide timely and accurate vehicle log report and ensure the mechanisms by which drivers are accountable for the vehicle which they are given responsibility to drive carefully and maintain the vehicle condition in good standard.
- Produce monthly vehicle utilization/performance report and submit this to the Roving PALM Supervisor or to the Addis based PALM Manager ccing the AM/HOO.
- Produce all vehicle accident report with the required details and submit this timely. Follow up all insurance related matters as soon as accidents happpened.
- Coordinate/Consolidate the monthly/quarterly procurement plan and submit this to the Area Manager copying the PALM manager and ROCO based in Addis ;
- Follow up all the logistics monthly and quarterly diary and provide the necessary report/information on time;
- Ensure that the commitment tracking sheet for the Area Office is filled appropriately and coordinate the information with the Area Finance Officer before it is submitted to the Regional Finance Coordinator
- Ensure that all store or warehouse management works are done to the required standard. Ensure that Bin Card/Stock Card is regularly up to date and the physical count of the items is matching with the records in the card.
- Provide monthly logistics performance report per the guidance from the Operations Manager and the ROCO and discuss any material issues in the monthly operations/admin/finance meeting;
- Ensure that for all distributed materials, we have the copies of delivery note and the materials have reached the beneficiaries. Keep good standard filing system for distribution list and provide the information as and when requested by internal management or auditors;
- Ensure the fixed asset registration is kept to a standard required and provide quarterly updates to the Asset controller in the central office ccing the Operations manager. Ensure that the records kept indicate by which donor source each asset has been purchased;
Position in Organization:
- Operations Officer
- Job Category: Operations, Procurement, Logistics
- Requisition Number: OPERA003748
- Posted: May 31, 2023
- Location: Afar, Ethiopia
- Deadline: 9th June 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management/Management/ Business Administration/ Accounting/Marketing is required.
- Five years and more experience in Procurement, Administration and Logistics Management in the non-profit organizations and mainly experience gained in INGO is required.
How to Apply Mercy Corps Operations Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 9th June 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.