MUJHU Study Nurse Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. MUJHU Uganda looking for “Study Nurse“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 27, 2023.
In 1988, we started as a collaboration between researchers from Makerere University in Kampala and Case Western Reserve University in USA. Our founders were the late Prof. Francis A. Mmiro, the late Prof Christopher M. Ndugwa, Prof. Brooks Jackson and Prof. Laura Guay.
The Makerere University clinicians working at Mulago Hospital were seeing increasing numbers of patients with AIDS (“slim disease”), including infected pregnant women and babies; and the U.S. university investigators brought external funding, laboratory technology and other research endowments to help support the planned research activities.
The MUJHU has published a job vacancy announcement on September 16, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Study Nurse to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
MUJHU Job Vacancy 2023
The holder of these positions will work under the supervision of the Nurse Coordinator with guidance from the Head of Nursing Section and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain knowledge of the currently approved study protocol/s.
- Provide nursing care to study participants which may include one or more of the following:
- Receive and register study participants and guide them through study procedures at study visits.
- Take and record vital signs.
- Dispense prescribed drugs.
- Complete relevant study participant forms and logs
- Perform phlebotomy and other laboratory specimen collection procedures from study participants and complete laboratory forms.
- Screen potential participants for eligibility
- Conduct group health education sessions
- Provide immunization to study participants
- Provide study-specific nursing duties in addition to the above in accordance with the study protocol
- Provide counselling as required
- Participate in any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the relevant authorities
- Maintain Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP) certification.
Position in Organization:
- Reports to: Nurse Coordinator
- Duty Station: Mulago National Referral Hospital, Komamboga Health Centre III, Kisenyi Health Centre IV and Kawaala Health Centre IV
- Contract terms: One year (renewable)
- A qualified nurse (nursing diploma or higher qualification) with a current practicing license and at least 2 years’ working experience in a busy health institution. Counselling qualifications and experience are a desired advantage. Previous work experience in a clinical research environment, pediatric immunization, and/or Maternal and Child Health clinical care would be a strong advantage. The desired person must be able and willing to work as part of a team and possess strong written and oral communication skills. The desired person would also possess a passion for MU-JHU’s mission and an interest in developing experience and a possible career in clinical research. Commitment, reliability, and attention to detail are essential for this position.
How to Apply MUJHU Study Nurse Jobs 2023
Applications with complete C.Vs, including 3 referees and their full address or contact telephone number, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, should be addressed to the MU-JHU Director Human Resources, through the reception on first floor, MU-JHU 1 Building or sent by email (application should not exceed 15MBs) to HR@mujhu.org – not later than 27th September, 2023 by 5.30pm. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
View More Jobs
- MUJHU Health Visitor Jobs 2023
- MUJHU Data Technician Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Professional Account Manager Jobs 2023
- SNV Country Finance Interns Jobs 2023
- SNV Consultant for Biodigester Market Development Jobs 2023
- SNV Consultant for Marketing Strategies support Jobs 2023
- IOM Movement Operations Manager Jobs 2023
- ILO National Project Officer Jobs 2023
- WFP Business Support Assistant Jobs 2023