NRC Information Counseling and Legal Assistance Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. NRC Uganda looking for “Information Counseling and Legal Assistance Coordinator“. Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 30, 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on September 19, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Information Counseling and Legal Assistance Coordinator to be based in Arua, Uganda.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Oversee implementation of ICLA projects focused on legal and civil documentation, housing, land and property rights and employment laws and procedures in West Nile, targeting both refugees and host communities.
- Provide day-to-day support to ICLA programme team at field level in developing clear work plans and targets and following up on implementation and engage in regular performance monitoring of projects.
- Support the development of quality programming, identifying key areas for further follow up, devising strategies and supporting implementation to improve and monitor quality in NRC’s ICLA approaches.
- Conduct ICLA specific technical assessments and research, present recommendations and adapt programme implementation to needs and context.
- Actively participate in relevant coordination forums including camp level protection, child protection, sexual and gender-based violence, shelter and livelihood working groups and county coordination forums when requested to do so at country level.
- Develop training modules and provide specific technical learning or/and training for project staff including refugee community staff and support capacity building on ICLA thematic areas amongst partners.
- Develop and implement approaches that promote safe programming and protection mainstreaming and coordinate with NRC’s Protection specialist and partners including on protection case referrals.
- Promote NRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure awareness of the policy amongst NRC ICLA staff and partners including reporting and investigation procedures.
- Participate in the monthly area office coordination and operations meetings including the monthly Programme meeting and the Area Management Team
- Conduct work planning, mid-term, and end-term performance review for staff under your supervision.
- Work alongside the M&E and grants team to ensure that data is regularly collected and analyzed to feed into the production of timely and quality donors and internal NRC reports.
- Any other reasonable tasks assigned by your line-manager.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 12322
- Job Category: Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance
- Posting Date: 09/16/2023, 08:04 PM
- Apply Before: 09/30/2023, 11:00 PM
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Arua
- Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, social science or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within field of expertise.
- 2 years of experience managing protection projects and leading teams.
- Familiarity with international refugee law and human rights law. Knowledge of SPHERE standards and other global humanitarian and protection standards
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented technical competences related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Experience in proposal and report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Good communication skills
- Project implementation supervisory skills
- Ability to resolve individual and group conflicts.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and deliver on deadlines.
- Possess high cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Fluency in English language both written and verbal.
- Relevant experience in humanitarian settings, especially protracted crisis
- Good understanding of refugee situation in Uganda, specifically West Nile
- Knowledge of the West Nile local languages will be an added advantage.
How to Apply NRC Information Counseling and Legal Assistance Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2019/requisitions/preview/12322/?location=Uganda&locationId=300000000311167&locationLevel=country&mode=location
The Closing Date: September 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- Raising The Village IT Officer Jobs 2023
- Saferworld Digital Communications Manager Jobs 2023
- Marie Stopes Centre Manager Jobs 2023
- Marie Stopes Temporary Centre Operations Officer Jobs 2023
- Marie Stopes Temporary Laboratory Technician Jobs 2023
- Marie Stopes Temporary Sonographer Jobs 2023
- Marie Stopes Temporary Clinical Officer Jobs 2023