NRC Regional Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Adviser Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. NRC Kenya looking for “Regional Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Adviser”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 April 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Adviser to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The purpose of this role is to strengthen NRC’s systems for preventing and responding to acts of sexual exploitation and abuse committed by its staff or by those associated with the organisation, whether against beneficiaries, NRC representatives, implementing partners and any other stakeholders. Additionally, this role will deliver context appropriate awareness-raising activities, provide general guidance & feedback on pertinent documents, and collaborate with to NRC staff and decision makers to identify relevant types of prevention and mitigation measures that address larger cross-cutting safeguarding issues. In addition, the PSEA Adviser will also be responsible for conducting internal and administrative investigations of SEA, sexual harassment, and all forms of child abuse in line with NRC procedures.
- Lead efforts to sensitize and empower: (i) all NRC staff (at both Regional Office and all the Country Office level), (ii) NRC representatives and implementing partners on PSEA and Child Safeguarding.
- Continuously provide technical guidance and support PSEA & Child Safeguarding focal points in country offices to ensure they can sensitize NRC staff, partners, vendors and affected community members on PSEA and Safeguarding.
- Collaboration with other NRC departments, other PSEA actors in different regions and at Head Office with the purpose to identify and assess SEA and child abuse risks in NRC programs and operations.
- Provide the accountability team with technical guidance to ensure that complaints mechanisms work effectively.
- Develop and deliver trainings and other awareness raising and capacity building activities on PSEA, Child Safeguarding and NRC procedures for preventing or responding to reported SEA cases.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree or equivalent in in social sciences, human rights or any other related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience of working on prevention of and response to SEA, ideally within the humanitarian field, including SEA Investigation Management with a thorough understanding of the safety and protection needs of survivor(s) and others related to SEA allegations.
- Relevant experience of conducting sensitive investigations (administrative or criminal) using the PEACE Model of interviewing.
- Formal training and or certification in investigative methodology desirable
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills and ability to deliver sensitive messages appropriately to a variety of audiences, building a sense of engagement.
- Excellent communication skills, with a strong emphasis on active listening
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Proficiency in another language highly desirable (particularly Amharic, Arabic, Swahili)
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC Regional Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Adviser Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs