NRC Senior Blue Economy Adviser Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
NRC Ethiopia looking for “Senior Blue Economy Adviser”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before November 30, 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on November 17, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Blue Economy Adviser to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Blue Economy Advisor will be expected to:
- Planning the implementation of the blue economy and AIM Strategies and development of annual and multi-year work plans and budgets;
- Translating the priorities of the Strategies into concepts and programmes to facilitate implementation by member states and RECs.
- Mobilisation of financial and technical resources required for the implementation of the strategies and action plans.
- Establishment and strengthening of collaborative partnerships and networks necessary for the implementation of the strategies.
- Supporting member states and RECs in the domestication of the blue economy strategies including in policy development or alignment.
- Facilitating monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the blue economy related strategies and programmes.
- Supporting member states and RECs on capacity building required to enhance the implementation of the blue economy strategies and programmes.
- Advise the Directorate on any other technical aspects related to blue economy.
- Participate in routine activities of the Directorate of Sustainable Environment and Blue Economy including the budgeting cycle, development of various plans, reports, meetings, etc.
- Represent, as directed by AUC, the Directorate at key events and consultations among participating stakeholder groups related to the implementation of the programme activities.
- Undertake any other activity as assigned by the supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Senior Blue Economy Adviser
- Job Identification: 12677
- Job Category: Climate
- Posting Date: 16/11/2023, 16:19
- Apply Before: 30/11/2023, 16:19
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Addis Ababa – Deployment
- A Master’s degree in Biology, Oceanography, Fisheries, Environmental Science.
Essential Work experience:
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated experience working in Africa on issues of fisheries, marine biology, shipping, coastal zone management, offshore mining.
- Experience in supporting member countries in negotiating blue economy related agreements.
- Knowledge and development of blue economy policies and management plans for marine or freshwater resources.
- Experience of working in multinational teams to implement programmes involving different funding and implementing agencies.
- Fluency in written and spoken English (essential).
- Knowledge of any other AU languages is an advantage.
How to Apply NRC Senior Blue Economy Adviser Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: November 30, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.