NRC WASH Sector Co-Lead Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. NRC Nigeria looking for “WASH Sector Co-Lead”. Applicants with a Advanced WASH degree may apply on or before 27 May 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 May 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of WASH Sector Co-Lead to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
Context: The WASH Sector Co-Coordinator will work in partnership with UNICEF, which is the Sector Coordinator Agency, to provide leadership and facilitate processes that ensure a well-coordinated, strategic, adequate, coherent, and effective humanitarian WASH preparedness and response within the BAY (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe) states.
Role and responsibilities:
- Facilitate and co-coordinate meetings of the national WASH sector with the UNICEF sector coordinator, ensuring that key and necessary information is shared promptly and accurately
- Ensure effective coordination of the WASH sector response in Nigeria
- Ensure information exchange with WASH sector partners and other relevant stakeholders related to WASH issues, situation analysis, gaps, planning, funding processes, etc.
- Represent the WASH sector and the interests of its partners to government, donors, inter-cluster, stakeholders, and other forums
- Provide practical support and guidance to sector partners on needs assessments, coordination, project development, implementation, and utilization of funding opportunities
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient in managing complex and unstable environments
- Proven track record of delivering outcomes aligned with job duties
- Holds an advanced WASH degree and has at least four years of experience in humanitarian aid
- Technical expertise in sector coordination, policies, and governing frameworks
- Capable of fostering positive relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Able to collaborate with diverse stakeholders to reach a consensus
- Knowledgeable in international humanitarian response and coordination mechanisms, and humanitarian reform
- Advocates for a cause while considering the interests of NGOs (international and national), guided by the principles of impartiality, neutrality, and advocacy
- Experienced in working with UN agencies on WASH concerns
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity in all interactions
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC WASH Sector Co-Lead Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.