OHCHR Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. OHCHR South Africa looking for “Human Rights Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 17th October 2023.
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, commonly known as the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) or the United Nations Human Rights Office, is a department of the Secretariat of the United Nations that works to promote and protect human rights that are guaranteed under international law and stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948.
The OHCHR has published a job vacancy announcement on 18th September 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Human Rights Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
OHCHR Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), Pretoria, Regional Office for Southern Africa (ROSA), in Southern Africa. The incumbent reports to the Head of the Regional Office for Southern Africa.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, human rights, political science, international relations, social sciences or related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in human rights, political affairs, international relations, law or related area is required.
- Out of the 7 years, a minimum of one year of demonstrated experience of coordinating a human rights programme with a focus on information management component is desirable.
- Field experience with the United Nations Common system or similar international organization in an emergency or humanitarian setting is desirable.
- Work experience on risk analysis and prevention is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Fluency in French is desirable. Knowledge of Portuguese is also desirable.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Human Rights Affairs-OHCHR-217571-R-Pretoria (X)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply OHCHR Human Rights Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=217571
The Closing Date: 17th October 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023
- UNRCO Data Management Officer Jobs 2023
- WFP IT Solutions Developer and Analys Jobs 2023
- UNFPA Administrative Support and Coordinate Jobs 2023
- UNFPA Communications Analyst Jobs 2023
- IOM Regional M&E and Risk Management Officer Jobs 2023
- IFC Associate Trade Finance Officer Jobs 2023