Red Cross Society Driver Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Red Cross Society Uganda looking for “Driver“. Applicants with a degree in High School may apply on or before March 27, 2023.
Uganda Red Cross Society was founded in 1962 and previously it was part of the British Red Cross. It has its headquarters in Kampala. The Uganda Red Cross the biggest indigenous humanitarian organization in Uganda.
The Red Cross Society has published a job vacancy announcement on March 14, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Red Cross Society (RCS)|
|Position||Drivers for Land Cruisers & Trucks|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||March 27, 2023|
Red Cross Society Job Vacancy 2023
- Drive authorized staff, volunteers, delegates and visitors to and from various locations as per organisation’s policies and procedures;
- Safely drive URCS fleet vehicles for the transport of passengers and cargo as instructed and ensure that all occupants of the vehicle are wearing safety belts;
- Maintain vehicles clean and in good mechanical condition at all times and in line with URCS Policies;
- Pick, deliver and account for all correspondences (mails, messages, parcels, etc.) in line with instructions and office practice;
- Plan and budget for the vehicle and provide other logistical support and prepare periodic accountabilities;
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes, and internally agreed standards. Understand and obey all applicable traffic signs, rules and regulations;
- Make correct entries into the vehicle log book and ensure proper records are kept of all the spare keys, repairs, equipment (e.g. radios, antennae, etc.);
- Compile and submit monthly mileage, fuel and maintenance reports to Logistics Officer;
- Report all vehicle and driving related incidents to the Logistics Officer including minor and major accidents, vehicle performance and maintenance issues etc;
- Perform daily inspections for the assigned or any other vehicles and report to the supervisor accordingly;
- Work closely with staff, volunteers and delegates assigned on a timely basis;
- Make any such repairs that are necessary for the efficient operation of the vehicle including changing of tryres in case of puncture, changing oils, car batteries etc;
- Follow up on monthly service repairs and report to supervisor;
- Refill the vehicle with fuel at designated fueling stations;
- Coordinate with Logistics Officer to ensure timely replenishment of fuel cards, routine vehicle repair and maintenance and validity of vehicle insurance;
- Ensure tool kits, fire extinguisher and first aid kit of the vehicle are maintained;
- Drive and take good care of the vehicle and other equipment fitted on the vehicle;
- Be available on daily basis during the hours agreed with the Uganda Red Cross Society;
- Refrain from any action which may adversely affect the reputation of the Uganda Red Cross Society;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Title: Drivers for Land Cruisers & Trucks (Buffer list recruitment pending funding)
- Grade: UR 7
- Reports: Technically to Fleet and Logistics Officer and administratively to Program Manager
- Location: Field-based, various locations
- Duration: One (1) Year renewable (subject to annual funding)
- Date: March 2023
- Minimum Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent from an approved, recognized and reputable academic institution;
- Valid Driving License (Classes DL, CM and B are desirable)
- At least 5 years’ experience in driving preferably with a reputable organization
- Proven experience driving 4×4 vehicles
- Innovation and creatively
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technology awareness
Knowledge and Skills
- Defensive driving skills
- Good command of the English language (oral and written) is a must with ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- High level of integrity.
- Planning strategically.
- Proven integrity.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply Red Cross Society Driver Jobs 2023
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 27th March 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
The full job description and application form can be viewed and downloaded from here