Red Cross Society Emergency Medical Technician Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Red Cross Society Uganda looking for “Emergency Medical Technician“. Applicants with a degree in Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing may apply on or before March 27, 2023.
Uganda Red Cross Society was founded in 1962 and previously it was part of the British Red Cross. It has its headquarters in Kampala. The Uganda Red Cross the biggest indigenous humanitarian organization in Uganda.
The Red Cross Society has published a job vacancy announcement on March 14, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Emergency Medical Technician to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Red Cross Society (RCS)|
|Position||Emergency Medical Technician|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||March 27, 2023|
Red Cross Society Job Vacancy 2023
- Responding to emergency calls and coordinating with the emergency response teams to ensure appropriate patient referral;
- Assessing patients, providing emergency treatment, making working diagnoses and referral to appropriate health facility;
- Monitoring and administering medication, pain relief and intravenous infusions accordingly in line with one’s scope of practice;
- Dressing wounds/injuries;
- Transporting patients to hospital and continuing to provide treatment while in transit;
- Providing hospital staff with patient information including condition and treatment;
- Helping provide patient care at the health facilities;
- Communicating effectively with patients and their relatives/friends;
- Teaching and training members of the public to use first aid techniques correctly;
- Mentoring and supervising the ambulance care assistant/volunteer assigned to work in the ambulance;
- Actively participate and make presentations during Continuous Medical Education (CME) sessions that are conducted periodically;
- Take inventory of ambulance consumables (medicines, medical sundries) and equipment and promptly notify the supervisor in case of stock-outs or malfunctioning equipment;
- Work with the branch leadership to ensure effective partner engagements and safety of the ambulance and equipment;
- Compile and submit work plans and periodic reports on patient evacuations/referrals, partner and community engagements and the status of the ambulance equipment;
- Attend program and stakeholder meetings and make meaningful contributions;
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned occasionally.
Position in Organization:
- Title: Drivers for Land Cruisers & Trucks (Buffer list recruitment pending funding)
- Grade: UR 7
- Reports: Technically to Fleet and Logistics Officer and administratively to Program Manager
- Location: Field-based, various locations
- Duration: One (1) Year renewable (subject to annual funding)
- Date: March 2023
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing or any related field from an approved, recognized and reputable academic institution;
- Registration with the relevant professional body with a valid Practicing License is a MUST;
- Training in Basic Emergency Care ( BCE) /Basic Life Support ( BLS) and/or Advanced Life Support (ALS) with valid certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of at least two (2) years’ relevant work experience in clinical practice, specifically in Ambulance/Surgical/Emergency/Medical departments OR in a busy health facility with sound knowledge of Uganda’s patient referral system.
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Innovation and creatively
- Stakeholder management
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technology awareness
- Policy research and development
- Change capability and adaptability
- Manage resources
- Empowering and building trust
Knowledge and Skills
- High level of integrity
- A caring and outgoing personality
- Good communication skills
- The ability to make swift decisions and stay calm
- A good level of physical fitness
- Good navigational skills and driving skills
- Leadership and mentorship skills
How to Apply Red Cross Society Emergency Medical Technician Jobs 2023
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; email@example.com or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Closing date for receipt of the applications is 27th March 2023 by 5:00 p.m.
The full job description and application form can be viewed and downloaded from here