Save the Children Child Protection Officer Jobs 2023– Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “Child Protection Officer”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 25th September, 2023.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide. The organization helps to raise money to improve children’s lives by creating better educational opportunities, better health care, and improved economic opportunities.
Save the Children Child Protection Officer Jobs 2023
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th September, 2023for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Child Protection Officer to be based in Semera, Ethiopia.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023:
Key Areas of Accountabilities:
- Assists the Project Manager in overseeing the planning, budgeting and implementation of CP project CP interventions.
- Establish/strengthen community based child protection mechanisms to prevent and protect children.
- Identifies community based child protection mechanisms capacity gaps and participates in building their capacity.
- Facilitate and lead community awareness raising and sensitization programs to promote positive values of the society towards children.
- Facilitate and lead the economic empowerment of families and their children.
- Facilitate and provide trainings, workshops for community members, and other stakeholders.
- Lead and facilitate best interest determination (BID) panel to guarantee best interest of the children.
- Assist establishing/strengthening referral linkages.
- Facilitate multi sectorial linkages at Woreda level to prevent, protect and respond to child protection risks.
- Identify, register and refer abused and exploited children for child protection services.
- Work as a case manager or case management focal person at Woreda level.
- Promote and improve quality service delivery to fulfil children’s right based on SCI vision, mission and values.
- Work closely with Woreda relevant government offices and community based child protection structures
- Assists the CP Project Manager in the preparation and compilation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and for other SCI and donor compliances and requirements.
- Document best practices of the project activities and share with relevant agencies.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Child Protection Officer
- Job Identification: 3117
- Job Category: Business Transformation
- Posting Date: 15/09/2023, 18:39
- Apply Before: 25/09/2023, 18:39
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: FO – Semera
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in an area of social science, health and other developmental field or equivalent
- Recommended a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment, preferably with experience in community based child protection project
- Knowledge and understanding of national Child wellbeing systems, and technical knowledge on child wellbeing monitoring and evaluation
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Fluency in Afar Affe is Mandatory,
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
How to Apply Save the Children Child Protection Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/3117
The Closing Date: 25th September, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.