Save the Children Director Program Development and Quality Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Zambia looking for “Director Program Development and Quality”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before November 22, 2023.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on November 10, 2023 for qualified Zambia’s to fill in the vacant post of Director Program Development and Quality to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Lead the development/updating of the Child Rights Situation Analysis, including analysis of country context and taking into account child rights principles and gender issues, ensuring participation and buy-in from all relevant staff, partners and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Develop/update and drive forward the Country Strategy Plan (CSP) with senior management and the country office team, ensuring alignment with the global strategy, Ambition 2030, with child rights at the core of all programming and advocacy work; and support the delivery of the CSP strategic pivots.
- Provide leadership on monitoring of progress against the CSP, and completion of accurate, on-time Country Annual Report of outcomes and impact for children, aligned with the Global Results Framework.
- Facilitate the development and pursuit of thematic and cross-cutting strategic priorities in line with the CSP, including gender equality, to guide current and future SC programming and advocacy work, including Humanitarian Strategies.
- Support ownership and commitment to the CSP by all staff and departments through clear communication, regular feedback on progress and engagement of all functions in updates.
- Participate in global discussions and working groups to represent the Zambia country office, and the voice of children, in strategy design and policy development.
- Support change processes and roll-out new ways of working to improve achievement of the CSP.
Position in Organization:
- Position Name: Director Program Development and Quality
- Job Identification: 4357
- Job Category: Programme, Development and Quality
- Posting Date: 08/11/2023, 13:16
- Apply Before: 22/11/2023, 21:00
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: CO – Lusaka
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s Degree (master’s preferred), and experience in relevant social science (especially in Child Development or Community Development), human rights, development studies, NGO management or equivalent fields.
- A minimum of seven years of progressive senior management and/ or development experience, including experience designing and implementing programs for children.
- Experience in one or more of Save the Children’s thematic sectors: education, child protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition, child poverty, emergencies.
- Understanding of advocacy, policy, and government systems in the host country, and particular experience with child rights programming, including UNCRC.
- Strong skills and proven experience in leading strategic planning, change management and program management processes; also, from the knowledge and learning perspective.
- Skills in training, capability building, coaching, mentorship, problem solving, and project cycle management.
- High level of self-awareness and willingness to take feedback for growth and self-development.
- Proven experience as a team player and leader in an international organization.
- Ability to speak, read and write clearly in English.
How to Apply Save the Children Director Program Development and Quality Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/4357
The Closing Date: November 22, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.