Save the Children ICT and GIS Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “ICT and GIS Specialist“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before September 14, 2023.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in around 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children strives to achieve a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We work to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Across all of our work, we pursue several core values: accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on September 06, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of ICT and GIS Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Leads and tailors the Household Economy Approach Project’s generation and application of GIS to support application of livelihoods data to inform emergency and development programming.
- Facilitates discussions within the Project team to integrate geospatial information and analyses into strategic planning, activity implementation, and Learning, Monitoring, and Evaluation (LME).
- In collaboration with the Knowledge Management team, prepare, present, and disseminate livelihoods data and communications resources tailored to the priorities of internal and external audiences in a visual and dynamic fashion.
- Provides geographic analysis to guide evidence-based planning.
- Leads the development and management of databases to increase the efficiency of access to and quality of data that supports decision-making.
- Lead the design of a user-friendly web-portal to archive data, enhance user access to materials and reports, and enable analysis of key household economy variables to inform programming.
- Lead the development of web-based applications that provide access to downloadable tools that support ongoing on-demand analysis.
- Maintains and updates content and monitors publication of new materials on the portal, removing outdated/irrelevant materials, migrates existing analysis and documents and updates links in the data repository.
- Lead the development and facilitation of training on geospatial analysis and use of Geographic Information Systems, tailored to GOE and partners implementing emergency and development programming.
Position in Organization:
- Position Name: ICT and GIS Specialist
- Job Identification: 3266
- Job Category: Business Support
- Posting Date: 05/09/2023, 10:38
- Apply Before: 14/09/2023, 10:38
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Addis Ababa
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as information systems and information and communication technology
- Eight years of relevant professional experience, in the field of data and information management systems and data analysis
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
How to Apply Save the Children ICT and GIS Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/3266
The Closing Date: September 14, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.