Save the Children Infrastructure Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “Infrastructure Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced Diploma Degree may apply on or before 22nd May 2023.
Save the Children has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years. With the formation of the independent Republic of Ethiopia in July 2011, Save the Children established a Country Office and has staff working all over the country to help build government institutions. Save the Children has maintained its presence in Ethiopia despite significant challenges in the operating environment by adopting a flexible approach to its work with the Government of Ethiopia.
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th May 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Infrastructure Coordinator to be based in Gode, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||Save the Children|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced Diploma Degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||22nd May 2023|
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2023
Key Areas Of Accountability:
- Visit and assess proposed construction sites in project areas and identify feasibility (Senior Infrastructure Specialist and concerned project stakeholders at the field and CO
- Supervision of construction projects to ensure compliance with specifications, agreed quality standards and planned work schedules.
- Ensure attendance on site for identified milestone (foundations, superstructure, concreting, formwork etc.) activities on the planned work schedule.
- Ensure that work orders (site book) instructed by the program manager from the FO are clearly communicated to the contractor.
- Timely communication of any claims by the contractor; ensuring records have been kept of potential causes for claims such as site activities (or non-activity), weather conditions, access problems etc.
- Timely communication of any engineering related issues on site; requiring Construction Coordinator presence/attendance.
- Prepare weekly site progress reports (with photographs of both good and bad quality issues) that accurately depict completed elements to accepted standards and estimate % completion of elements still in progress. These reports should be communicable to the SCI Construction Manager, Coordinators.
- Timely notification for upcoming payment milestones; relative to on-site progress/contract conditions to technical line managers at the field and CO (Program coordinator, Infrastructure Specialists or Head of ISS).
- Prepare draft technical design documents for newly proposed infrastructure facilities and make recommend to existing ones for relevant modifications, if required. And also ensure that the project plans, drawings or sketches are well understood by the implementation contractors/teams, provide implementation guidelines and give feedback as appropriate.
- Prepare revised design and Bill of Quantities (BOQ) for the newly proposed Constructions
- Assist the procurement team in outsourcing and contract administration for all the programme’s construction activities implemented by the programme under the field office threshold.
- Verify and process payment requests for construction works undertaken in the programme area by the FO.
- Establish a contract management database and keep updated record of progresses for individual project sites.
Position in Organization:
- Infrastructure Coordinator
- Job Identification: 1291
- Job Category: Supply Chain
- Posting Date: 05/11/2023, 12:57 AM
- Apply Before: 05/22/2023, 12:57 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Gode, Ethiopia
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced Diploma or B.Sc. Degree.
- Minimum Two Years Experience.
How to Apply Save the Children Infrastructure Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/1291
The Closing Date: 22nd May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.