Sightsavers Data Quality and Capture Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
Sightsavers Uganda looking for “Data Quality and Capture Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 27, 2023.
Sightsavers is an international non-governmental organisation that works with partners in developing countries to treat and prevent avoidable blindness, and promote equality for people with visual impairments and other disabilities.
The Sightsavers has published a job vacancy announcement on November 20, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Data Quality and Capture Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
Sightsavers Job Vacancy 2023
Data capture, tool development, maintenance, and support
- Maintain LAMP data collection tools, working with global teams to adjust and meet ongoing LAMP requirements.
- Build data capture tools into DHIS2 to facilitate the increased amount of data that will flow through the new platform.
- Create training materials and provide training on all LAMP data capture tools, systems, and processes.
- Collaborate with the Data Visualisation Officer (LAMP) on data cleaning, as well as dataflow creation and maintenance, to ensure data captured for LAMP is fully documented and represented clearly and coherently
Data quality and validation
- Complete a comprehensive review of data quality across all LAMP data sets
- Strengthen data validation across all tools and ensure that where possible fields contain the correct data types
Embed LAMP into organisational systems and processes
- Support roll out of the new indicator reference guide ensuring that the LAMP indicators are synergistic with data capture systems.
- Support the building of the new DHIS2 platform, working closely with the developers to deliver the requirements of project teams for all their LAMP data management needs.
- Align economic empowerment databases with Sightsavers outputs database as well as integrating economic empowerment data capture into DHIS2.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Data Quality and Capture Officer
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, International Development, ICT, data analytics, geography, or appropriate equivalent.
- Understanding and demonstrated experience of data capture and data management.
- Experience working and supporting staff in different contexts (face to face, online).
- Understanding of international development issues and a commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
- Comfortable with manipulating quantitative and qualitative data and producing relevant documentation e.g., data dictionaries and technical guides.
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify important issues and communicate these effectively to colleagues.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders and ensure differing concerns and priorities are effectively managed.
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel to an advanced level e.g., Pivot tables and Index/Match.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information, practices, and ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Master’s degree in statistics, international development, ICT, data analytics, geography, or appropriate equivalent.
- Relevant overseas experience e.g. voluntary work
- Experience developing or managing applications in DHIS2.
- Experience of using visual analytics software such as Microsoft Power BI or Tableau.
- Experience using Commcare or Microsoft Power Apps.
- Experience using Microsoft Power Automate.
- Experience using VBA in Microsoft Excel.
- Spoken and written French language skills.
How to Apply Sightsavers Data Quality and Capture Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers-sightsavers.icims.com/jobs/1235/data-quality-and-capture-officer/job
The Closing Date: November 27, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- FINCA Savings Area Manager Jobs 2023
- IRC Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC HR and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- IGCP Sales Office Administrator Jobs 2023
- IGCP Operations Manager Jobs 2023
- IGCP Senior Accounts and Events Executive Jobs 2023
- IGCP Junior Accounts and Events Executive Jobs 2023
- IRC Regional People and Culture Director Jobs 2023
- IDLO Finance Officer Jobs 2023