SIHA Regional Consortium Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. SIHA Uganda looking for “Regional Consortium Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before September 15, 2023.
The Strategic Initiative for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) is a civil society coalition bringing together grassroots women’s rights organizations from Sudan, South Sudan, Somalia, Somaliland, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Uganda. It was established in 1995 by a collection of women’s rights activists with the view of strengthening the capacity of women’s rights organizations in the Horn of Africa. SIHA aims to contribute to unlocking the massive potential of women’s rights movements in the Horn of Africa by improving the capacity of local organizations and building a strong network of grassroots civil society members who can interact and support one another in advocating for effective change.
The SIHA has published a job vacancy announcement on August 30, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Consortium Coordinator to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
SIHA Job Vacancy 2023
Key Areas of Accountability:
In close cooperation with consortium partners, the RCC ensures that consortium projects are implemented according to the approved proposal and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the donor. The RCC facilitates close and effective coordination and collaboration between consortium partners to ensure high-quality project activities and results documentation.
Program Implementation and Coordination:
- Coordinate with Consortium members to ensure high-quality implementation of activities, compliance with donor and consortium rules, and accountability to beneficiaries.
- Lead on harmonized program implementation and coordination across partners against the strategic vision of the consortium and in line with planned timescales.
- Review and improve systems for tracking and reporting against the agreed program plan and effectively problem-solve deviations from the plan.
- Organize periodic meetings with consortium partners and other program staff to discuss and track program progress against plan, record, and follow up on action points.
- Work with the M&E team to provide briefs, reports, and updates on the program.
- Regularly update the management committee on the status of project implementation and make recommendations based on findings.
Position in Organization:
- Start Date: As soon as possible
- Contract Type: One-year renewable contract
- Duration: 40 HRs per week
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Bachelor’s degree or International Equivalent in Women’s Rights, Human Rights, Political Science, Human Development, International Development, Social Sciences, or Related Field; Master’s or other advanced degrees and project management certification preferred.
- The candidate for this position should have strong knowledge/awareness and understanding of the Horn of Africa context, including the political situations and the status of women and girls. S/he should be highly adaptable, creative, and passionate about women’s rights. The ideal candidate should have a strong record of project and programme management, mainly related to civil society or human rights work, and a proven track record in quality assurance to be considered for the position. SIHA will be particularly interested in female applicants committed to grassroots civil society and women’s movement and their essential role in improving conditions for women and girls across the Horn of Africa.
Experience and Skills:
- 4 – 6 years leading complex projects and/or programs, including three years of project management, and with at least two years of managerial experience.
- Significant experience in consortium program management in human rights and/or gender equality, preferably within civil society human rights NGOs
- Experience in award management, narrative, and financial reporting on complex projects.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with diverse stakeholders, influencing change at operational and strategic levels, organizing representation, and coordination.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, computer literacy, team skills, self-motivation, adaptability, networking, advocacy, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas, articulation, and professionalism.
How to Apply SIHA Regional Consortium Coordinator Jobs 2023
Interested candidates are requested to email their updated CV and cover letter, detailing their motivation and relevant experience, to email@example.com by September 15, 2023, with the subject line “Application Materials: SIHA Regional Consortium Coordinator”. Due to the urgent need for recruitment, SIHA may contact shortlisted candidates before the deadline. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in SIHA!