SNV Operations Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. SNV Ethiopia looking for “Operations Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelors Degree may apply on or before 23rd March 2023.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The SNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Operations Officer to be based in Hawassa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV)|
|Position||Operations Officer Procurement and Fleet|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Four years|
|Application Deadline||23rd March 2023|
SNV Job Vacancy 2023
- Receive and process orders assigned for Amhara regional office.
- Prepare requests for quotation for suppliers and service providers,
- Acknowledge orders received and where possible provide initial feedback on cost estimates and delivery times.
- Where requested, help/liaise with requesters/ budget holders to develop specifications, availability, and rough costing as per previous procurements offers or current market.
- Ensure compliance with SNV and donor procurement policies and procedures. Work with SNV Addis Ababa Office in the development of the vendors list and participate in market assessment as required.
- Ensure all procurement files are held in soft copy in the procurement and contracting share point, and the completed file is correctly labeled.
- Develop a clear knowledge and understanding of SNV procurement and contracting procedures and application of SNV ERP as well as SBD system
- Ensure log sheet are completed on a daily basis by drivers/passengers (movement sheets, repair sheets, fuelling record, etc.).
- Ensure daily and weekly checklists are completed for all vehicles.
- Oversee proper update and archiving of soft and hard copies of feet data with relevant information such as repair/maintenance schedule, task orders, and accidents
- Ensure that office vehicles are roadworthy before any assignment.
- Place a logbook in each vehicle and monitor records for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure proper fleet data and period and report on insurance and other ownership renewal requirement to the logistics specialist.
- Supports the country office to ensure efficient and effective maintenance, repair and utilization of SNV vehicles and motor bikes in the Amhara Regional office.
- Ensure that all vehicle equipment including speed limit controls are properly working.
- Maintains close communication relationship with all field and A.A. staff on the movement of vehicles.
- Directly supervise SNV Amhara regional office drivers and procurement assistan in carrying out their duties.
- Report any maintenance and service requirements to SNV Addis Ababa Office.
- Complete regular performance appraisals for drivers and the procurement assistant in line with SNV Human Resource Performance Management System and report to the logistics specialist or his line manager any disciplinary issue.
- Ensure availability of spare parts for scheduled repair and maintenance in collaboration with the Addis Ababa operation team.
- Supervise region-based vehicle fuel usage management on both cash and E-card including fuel usage recording, handling of electronic fuel card if any, and fuel replenishment on a monthly base.
- Coordinate with drivers to ensure vehicles have fuel at all times.
- Implement SNV fuel control systems to ensure fuel consumption is in line with normal vehicle efficiency standards.
- Support the ROM in the completion of the monthly reports as per SNV Operation reporting requirements.
- Submit procurement and fleet report to SNV Addis Ababa Office
- Ensure the safety of vehicles, Motorbikes, and their keys
- Perform any other duties assigned by the line Manager or his/her supervisor.
Position in Organization:
- Operations Officer Procurement and Fleet
- Hawassa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: National employment contract
- Deadline: 23rd March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with higher thinking level with relevant experience 4 or 5 years in operations and procurement activities.
How to Apply SNV Operations Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999893156924
The Closing Date: 23rd March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.