SNV Procurement Assistant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. SNV Ethiopia looking for “Procurement Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor Degree may apply on or before 23rd March 2023.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The SNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Assistant to be based in Bahir Dar, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV)|
|Location||Bahir Dar, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||23rd March 2023|
SNV Job Vacancy 2023
- Receive and process orders assigned by the Procurement and fleet officer at the Amhara regional Office
- Support the procurement and fleet officer in preparing a quotation for suppliers and service providers, with complete specifications, indicate closing dates to receive quotations, receive quotations and prepare a bid analysis as per the received quotations. If required, prepare purchase orders (POs) ensuring the correctness and details of specifications, quantities and financial information for submission and approval.
- Communicate with suppliers on needed clarifications.
- Keep a close relationship with the finance department in the settlement of supplier invoices at the regional office.
- Support procurement officer on Communication and keep the procurement database up-to-date.
- Support in collecting mandatory documents from suppliers and submit to the officer or committee in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with SNV and donor procurement policies and procedures. Assist in the development of the vendor list and participate in market assessment as required.
- Assist the Procurement and fleet officer in the process of prequalifying suppliers and initiation of Framework Agreements in the Amhara region.
- Support on scanning and uploading in procurement share point.
- Support in receiving items and follow up with suppliers / transporters on items missing or damaged in transit.
- Ensure delivery dates and time is shared with the warehouse, procurement and regional focal person well in advance before delivery of the goods.
- Assist to ensure payment of suppliers is made promptly and that the finance department receives all the necessary documentation.
- Assist in updating procurement and other reports.
- Provide an update on order delays, shortages, cancellations or other problems to the line manager, program managers/requesters or any concerned parties.
- Develop a clear knowledge and understanding of SNV procurement and contracting procedures and application of SNV ERP as well as SBD system.
- Provides feedback to the line manager and SNV A.A. office on the performance of suppliers for each transaction handled.
- Any other task as assigned by the line manager or his/her direct line management.
Position in Organization:
- Procurement Assistant
- Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
- Contract type: National employment contract
- Deadline: 23rd March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Diploma in relevant discipline with higher thinking level with relevant experience 2 or 3 years in operations and procurement activities.
How to Apply SNV Procurement Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999893133483
The Closing Date: 23rd March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.