SNV Water and Irrigation Engineer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. SNV Ethiopia looking for “Water and Irrigation Engineer“. Applicants with a degree in BSc Degree may apply on or before 18th March 2023.
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
The SNV has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th March 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Water and Irrigation Engineer to be based in Jijiga, Ethiopia.
SNV Job Vacancy 2023
- Supervises quality and compliance of contractors, advises to Senior Water Engineer
- Supports and coordinates the plan for water resource protection with the Kebeles and communities
- Develops, together with the community, site improvement plans for water and small-scale irrigation schemes (including local agreements on maintenance and water access)
- Inform Water and Irrigation knowledge agenda to immediate line supervisor /Senior WASH Governance
- Management Advisor/Senior water Engineer and Senior Irrigating and Water Resources Advisor and PM, in line with the direction set by the TRANSFORM: WASH project implementation modalities and donor requirement/USAID;
- Identifies and proposes technical process improvements to the project team.
- Acts on improvement areas within the local internal organization and processes and gives feedback. Ensures lessons learned are applied in daily practice.
- Seek opportunities for different kinds of partnerships for enhanced quality program implementation and leveraging with TRANSFORM: WASH at kebele, woreda, zone, and region;
- Contribute to making the USAID TRANSFORM: WASH a flagship project for SNV and USAID in the respective woredas, zones, and region/s;
- Ensure that respective monthly/quarterly/bi-annually/annual reports are meeting deadlines set by the project internally and externally by the donor/USAID and PSI, prime of consortium;
Position in Organization:
- Water and Irrigation Engineer
- Jigjiga, Ethiopia
- Contract type: National employment contract
- Deadline: 18th March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- BSc degree in Civil Engineering/Irrigation Engineering/Hydraulic or Water Resource Engineering with min. 5 years’ experience in water and irrigation project management
- S/he requires experience in Engineering small water works (MVS, small irrigation), Construction management, and good coordination/ communication.
- Proven knowledge and experience in undertaking activities aimed at water and irrigation facility construction, rehabilitation, and upgrading project implementation.
How to Apply SNV Water and Irrigation Engineer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://www.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999891745413
The Closing Date: 18th March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.