UN Habitat Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Associate Programme Management Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Programme Management Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports urban policy development, including through the review and analysis of key issues and trends globally.
- Analyzes, develops and systematizes knowledge on digital solutions and best practices for sustainable urbanization.
- Conducts research and prepares policy papers on topics related to urban innovation and digital transformation.
- Supports the design and implementation of policy tools and solutions for urban innovation at local and national levels.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and monitoring of technical assistance projects and programmes in support of local and national governments
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in urban planning, urban development, information technology, economics or related fields is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. (Candidates for this position must have passed the United Nations National Competitive Recruitment Examination (NCRE) or the G to P Examination. No examination is required for candidates in peacekeeping missions.)
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in urban policy and practice, urban innovation, economic policy in development of programmes or related fields is required.
- Experience in projects or programmes focused on urban innovation, digital transformation and smart cities is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs