UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Budget Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 14 April 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Budget Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
- Offers substantial assistance to relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies in their examination of the medium-term plan and its revisions; aids in obtaining approval from the General Assembly and the Executive Board.
- Ensures that legislative mandates are precisely translated into program budgets.
- Scrutinizes and assesses data concerning the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, particularly in terms of staff and non-staff necessities from Headquarters and field offices, encompassing programmatic aspects.
- Supports managers in developing resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Provides substantive support to relevant intergovernmental and expert bodies in their budgetary review; assists in obtaining approval from the Executive Board and the General Assembly.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, finance, or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, administration, budget or business administration is required.
- Experience in implementation of Accounting Standards, including IPSAS is required.
- Working experience with an Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) system e.g. SAP, is required.
- Two (2 ) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the advertised post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of the other is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs