UN Habitat Finance and Budget Assistant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Finance and Budget Assistant”. Applicants with a High school diploma may apply on or before 28 June 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 31 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance and Budget Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
- Provides support with respect to the review, analyses and preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
- Prepares supporting documents (narrative and supporting tables) with respect to finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements.
- Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Researches/compiles data and other information required by the Programme Management Officer(s) in the review and analysis of relevant proposals. Undertakes research, consolidates data and provides support to Programme Management
- Officer(s) with respect to budget reviews of relevant intergovernmental, donors and expert bodies.
- Monitors expenditures and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments as necessary.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent in accounting, finance and budget.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in finance, budget, accounting, administrative services or related area is required.
- Experience in the administration of extra budgetary, trust funds, Grants/projects is required.
- Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as SAP Umoja or other similar ERP systems is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Finance and Budget Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.