UN Habitat GIS Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “GIS Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 25 September 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 19 September 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of GIS Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Planning, Finance and Economy Section, the Urban Lab manager, in coordination with the UN-Habitat Regional Offices and in close collaboration with UN- Habitat thematic Sections, the incumbent of the post will have to fulfill the following duties and responsibilities:
- Advise and work with the Urban LAB team to analyze, collect, compile and interpret data to guide and inform Naryn project.
- Support and contribute to the development of methodologies and guidelines on evidence-based spatial analysis to be tested and implemented in the Urban Lab projects.
- Develop planning analytic and diagnostic maps, drawings and related reports for Naryn and other partner cities.
- Develop clear planning proposals, drawings and related reports for Naryn and other partner cities.
- Develop critical analysis of existing planning documents and instruments with GIS support.
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) in Architecture, Urban Development and Planning, or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of sustainable development and spatial analysis (and/or related fields) with direct proven experience of drawing and preparing plan graphical material using computer assisted design tools, with special attention to data management and processing with GIS software is required;
- Direct proven experience of urban planning projects/processes, in combination with e.g. urban resilience, mobility, project finance, and/or data systems is required;
- Proven experience in GIS software use, data analysis and maps production is required;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat GIS Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 25 September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.