UN Habitat International Housing Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “International Housing Expert”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 27 April 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of International Housing Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The International Housing Expert will be responsible for the quality, content, and consistency of the work to be delivered by the Technical Team. Under the direct supervision of UN-Habitat, which will provide the necessary technical support as required, and the overall supervision of the MHUSP, he/she will perform the following tasks:
- Monitor, evaluate and advance the tasks assigned to the TT;
- Guide the activities and provide technical inputs to the national consultants working in the TT;
- Contribute to the preparation of all necessary documentation for the Steering Committee (SC) and Technical Secretariat (TS) meetings, in close collaboration with MHUSP and participate physically (preferably, especially for SC meetings) or virtually in SC and TC meetings, and keep the minutes, in collaboration with the MHUSP;
- Contribute to additions and modifications of documents to be elaborated by the TS, following the receipt of comments, inputs, and recommendations from the stakeholders involves in / are concerned by the NUHS development process;
- Organize and participate, as much as possible, in online or face-to-face data collection, stakeholders interviews, and thematic workshops and focus groups, ensuring the inclusion of youth, women, and people with disabilities to integrate their perspectives and prerogatives in the diagnosis;
Qualification & Experience:
- The Expert must have a minimum of a Master’s degree in housing finance, urbanization processes, urban governance, and sustainable development in general is required.
- The Expert to be recruited must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in housing and habitat policies in Africa and developing countries in general, proven knowledge in terms of housing finance, urbanization processes, urban governance, and sustainable development in general is required.
- Proven analytical and writing skills, dialogue, and consultation skills, ability to work in a team and also under pressure, a high level of multicultural sensitivity is desirable
- Proven experience in Mauritania or a Sahelo-Saharan country is an asset
- Computer literate, using Word, Excel, and Powerpoint under Windows as well as the Internet is desirable
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and French is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat International Housing Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- UNEP Programme Management Officer Jobs
- World Bank Senior Digital Development Specialist Jobs
- UN Habitat Budget Officer Jobs
- UNDSS Security Coordination Officer Jobs
- UNON Administrative Assistant Jobs
- UNEP Scoping Consultant Jobs
- UNON Project Engineer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs