UN Habitat Land and Climate Change Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Land and Climate Change Consultant”. Applicants with a Advanced academic degree in Political Sciences may apply on or before 23 March 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 October 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Land and Climate Change Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the shared supervision of UN-Habitat’s Land, Housing and Shelter Section and GLTN Secretariat, the consultant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate community of practice (CoP) meetings and external communication of CoP activities and outputs.
- Regional communication of deliverables and knowledge exchange
- Monitoring alignment of UNH projects with the section’s key mandates
- Reporting of the LHSS results and deliverables in accordance with the UNH Strategic Plan
- Analyze global activities and stakeholders on Land and Climate Change
- Establish and coordinate an expert group on Land and Climate Change within the GLTN
- Research of funding opportunities of Sections work on Land and Climate Change
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree (master’s or equivalent) in Architecture, Urban Development, Housing Studies and Planning or related fields is required. A first level degree in any related fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree in the specified fields of studies.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience related to land tenure, climate change issues and settlement development in different regional contexts is required.
- Previous working experience with NGOs, government institutions, disadvantaged communities, international organization is desirable.
- Practical experience interrelating architectural planning or development work with sustainability and climate change intervention is an advantage.
- Experience on research, technical report writing, project coordination, event and knowledge management is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is required. Additional knowledge of international languages in LHS Project areas such as Spanish or Kiswahili is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Land and Climate Change Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs