UN Habitat UPIMC Egypt Coordinator – Project Urban Planner Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “UPIMC Egypt Coordinator – Project Urban Planner”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 March 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat UPIMC Egypt Coordinator – Project Urban Planner Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of UPIMC Egypt Coordinator – Project Urban Planner to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work with UPIMC Programme Management Team (UN-Habitat HQ) and UPIMC Egypt Country Office
- Support UPIMC Global Programme Coordinator at UN-Habitat HQ to align UPIMC team activities and
- outputs in Egypt with programme standards
- Remain abreast of projects conducted by the UN-Habitat Egypt Country Programme, seeking opportunities to align UPIMC with other UN-Habitat activities in Egypt
- Remain abreast of migration-related projects and programming in Egypt
- Ensure project management and organisation in Egypt is consistent with UN-Habitat and UPIMC standards
- A first level university degree in Architecture, Urban Development, and Urban Planning, or a related field is required.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of urban development and planning (and/or related fields) is required;
- Experience working on issues related to migration and displacement is desirable;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (and their monitoring/evaluation) and of the New Urban Agenda is an asset;
- Knowledge in GIS is an asset.
Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic is required
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat UPIMC Egypt Coordinator – Project Urban Planner Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs