UN Habitat Urban Planning Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Urban Planning Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 26 March 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 March 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Urban Planning Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
- Implement workplan 2023 of the UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and facilitate the implementation of the work plan according to the proposed timeline.
- Facilitate the technical exchange between the UN-Habitat team on UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and the Chinese partners team, Organise relevant technical workshops, seminar, expert group meetings to enhance programme promoting.
- Research on the potential interlinked activities between UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and Shanghai Award and SDG Cities Flagship Programme, etc.
- Organize SAI relevant workshops, knowledge exchange, promotion and publicity events related to UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index, not limited to the releasing outcome on WCD 2023.
- Contribute to the connection of the work of the Data and Analytics Unit with the timely implementation of the UMF- Shanghai Adapted Index.
- Jointing and contribution to drafting and finalizing the Research report.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University degree in Architecture or Urban Planning, or related field that is relevant for sustainable urban development and urban planning and design is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience in urban planning and design with direct proven experience in drawing and preparing plan graphical material using computer assisted design tools; strong graphic representation skills is required.
- Good hand drawing / sketching is a desirable.
- The candidate has a portfolio of plans and designs of which he/she is the author is desirable.
For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is required. Although not a requirement, knowledge of French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian will be an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Urban Planning Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 26 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
View More Jobs
- WHO National Health Financing Consultant Jobs
- Human Rights Watch Researcher Jobs
- UNEP Associate Programme Management Officer Jobs
- IRC Cash and Markets Assistant Jobs
- IRC Protection Case Assistant Jobs
- UNEP One Health Programme Officer Jobs
- UN Habitat Programme Management Officer Jobs
- Bioversity International Senior Research Associate Jobs