UN Women Programme Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UN Women Nigeria looking for “Programme Officer”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 23 March 2023.
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
The UN Women has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 March 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Officer to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UN Women Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Programme Officer will perform the following specific tasks:
- Develop the project annual workplan and budget and manage its implementation in accordance with the program document;
- Facilitate the technical implementation of the programme in consultation with WPS Team lead, and ensure synergies with the other UN agencies co-implementing the project;
- Oversee timely submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide guidance to implementing partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators;
- Identify and support entities that promote women’s participation in peace building, conflict resolution and mediation processes.
- Participate in interagency annual planning for the implementation of the project;
- Participate in the project Technical Committee and support Project Steering Committee;
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, peace, conflict and security studies, or a related field is required;
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of development projects;
- Technical experience in women, peace and security, conflict prevention, and peacebuilding;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset;
- Awareness and sensitivity regarding gender issues and technical experience in gender mainstreaming;
- Strong IT Skills. Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, , etc.)
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Women Programme Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.