UNDOS Chief of Unit – Air Support Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNDOS Uganda looking for “Chief of Unit – Air Support“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 21, 2023.
The Department of Operational Support (DOS) provides operational support to all UN Secretariat entities, including advisory, operational and transactional support services and, where needed, exercises delegated authority on behalf of clients. DOS supports the entire UN Secretariat, consisting of almost 100 entities located around the globe.
UNDOS Chief of Unit – Air Support Jobs 2023
The UNDOS has published a job vacancy announcement on March 16, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Chief of Unit – Air Support to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations Department of Operational Support (UNDOS)|
|Position||Chief of Unit – Air Support|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||March 21, 2023|
UNDOS Job Vacancy 2023
The Chief of Air Support Unit performs the following duties:
Management of air operations:
- Manages and supervises activities of the Air Support Unit within the FSDH.
- Provides advice to management about the efficient, economical and safe use of the UN air assets.
- Establishes and maintains regional scheduled passenger and cargo movement flights and coordinates with Movement Ops & Freight Forwarding Support Unit in FSDH, Air Transport Service and Movement Control Section in HQ and client missions.
- Supervises the provision of reliable, cost effective and efficient ad-hoc air transport services for the transportation of passengers and cargo (including dangerous goods requiring special handling), VVIP, cargo, MedEvac, and other support flights on behalf of the LD/OSCM resolving conflicting priorities of supported missions.
- Analyzes client missions’ air support requests and provides guidance and decision in regard to the air transport feasibility of the requested task.
- Develops plans for the efficient and cost-effective utilization of UN long and short-term air charter and standby air charter agreements (SACA) as well as the air assets of missions in the region.
- Identifies air tasks and determines how best to meet them utilizing available air charter agreements and missions’ air assets.
- Coordinates ground handling services with UN missions and commercial service providers.
- Plans, reviews and develops air operations in close coordination with supported missions and UNHQ.
- Reviews cost estimates/analysis for cost comparison against short term commercial charter and other alternatives.
- Reviews and approves cost estimates provided to client missions.
- Reviews and approve flight schedules prepared by planning officers for publication.
- Works in close collaboration with the UNHQ/ATS Aircraft Contracts Management Unit to ensure FSDH goals are achieved.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: CHIEF OF UNIT, AIR SUPPORT, P4 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: CHIEF OF UNIT, AIR OPERATIONS
- Department/Office: Department of Operational Support
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 15 March 2023 – 21 March 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Transportation-DOS-198489-J-Entebbe (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in Air Transportation/Aviation Management, Aviation Safety Management, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, or graduation from an equivalent military educational establishment is required.
- A first level university degree with a relevant combination of education, professional Training, certification in air transport operations, and two (2) additional years of work experience in air transport related occupation, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in air transport operations or aviation safety, with at least three (3) years of managerial experience on a position directly related to the coordination of complex air transport operations in the international environment is required.
- Experience in safety and quality management is desirable.
- Knowledge of UN financial regulations and rules is desirable.
- Experience in the use of ICAO standards and recommended practices is desirable.
- Experience in international operations in a post conflict environment is desirable.
- Experience in supply chain and logistics is desirable.
- Experience working with data analytics and visualization tools and developing data analytics and visualization reports and dashboards is desirable.
- English and French are working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply UNDOS Chief of Unit – Air Support Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=198489
The Closing Date: March 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.