Self Help Africa Agribusiness Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Self Help Africa Uganda looking for “Agribusiness Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before May 05, 2023.
Self Help Africa is an international charity that promotes and implements long-term rural development projects in Africa. Self Help Africa merged with Gorta in July 2014. The organisation works with rural communities in eight African countries – supporting farm families to grow more and earn more from their produce.
The Self Help Africa has published a job vacancy announcement on May 01, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Agribusiness Coordinator to be based in Soroti, Uganda.
Self Help Africa Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities and Activities
Support the development of dynamic and inclusive SMEs that are aligned to Uganda Country enterprise development programmes:
- Exploring and developing partnerships with public private sector actors to provide production and market services to smallholder farmers
- Supporting the Project Team to facilitate farmer organizations to evaluate market requirements and develop production plans responsive to market demands.
- Facilitating market driven linkages between farmers, input suppliers, off takers of agro commodities, and other value chain actors by establishing business relationships and facilitating deals (both formal and informal) which open new market channels for the farmers.
- Providing technical backstopping for the MSMEs through provision of business development services (BDS) and linking MSMEs to BDS services providers.
- Provide technical oversight on Farmers Group business plan development and implementation.
Support institutional and enterprise development for smallholders famers, including off-farm and on-farm businesses
- Map and lead surveys of farmer organizations to determine their strengths and weaknesses.
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of farmers’ Groups and improve their competitiveness
- Conduct refresher and specialized trainings as needed with staff and partners and design necessary didactic materials (manuals, handouts etc.).
- Conduct continuous market intelligence and assessments to inform programming including identification of sectors and value chains that have high potential to benefit the smallholder farmers
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Agribusiness Coordinator
- Organisation: Self Help Africa/ United Purpose
- Location: Soroti, Uganda
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Hours: 40
- Reports to: Project Manager
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Agribusiness, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Enterprise Development or related field,
- At least 3 years of working experience NGO, private sector or government, at technical level across development programmes focusing on any of the following fields: enterprise development, value chain development, value addition, pro-poor financial services, business management or agri-business with strong private sector linkages,
- Experience and knowledge in the design and implementation of both on-farm and off-farm enterprise development projects for individuals and groups
- Experience with a wide range of stakeholder and partner management with national/regional companies; international agencies; community-based organizations; agribusinesses, etc. needed.
- Working experience in agriculture marketing with excellent analytical/problem-solving and research skills,
- Skills in training/facilitation of development processes including organisation and mobilization of communities, enterprise development and networking among different development partners,
- Strong skills in speaking and writing English with solid computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, power point and email.
How to Apply Self Help Africa Agribusiness Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://selfhelpafrica.org/ie/agribusiness-coordinator-based-in-soroti-uganda/
The Closing Date: May 05, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.